Week 7 GDT

SBLIII

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

If you go to OT you may literally take the ball out of your hands pending a coin flip. Not to mention, there was no guarantee of overtime because the Chargers had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts to get into FG range.

i mean, the 30 seconds and 2 TOs the chargers have also means there's no guarantee of a win even if you make the 2pt conversion. 

ultimately though i'm more upset with the playcall than the decision.

For everyone saying going for 2 was wrong think of this.

What you need to compare is the chances of winning in overtime vs the chances of converting the 2 pt conversion.

Titans being the lesser offense have a less than 50% chance of winning in OT.

Running the ball has a conversion rate well over 50%

Going for 2 is 100% correct. Throwing it, especially with this offense, is 100% wrong.

Just now, mse326 said:

For everyone saying going for 2 was wrong think of this.

What you need to compare is the chances of winning in overtime vs the chances of converting the 2 pt conversion.

Titans being the lesser offense have a less than 50% chance of winning in OT.

Running the ball has a conversion rate well over 50%

Going for 2 is 100% correct. Throwing it, especially with this offense, is 100% wrong.

I don't even mind throwing it. Mariota was having a good game, even if the receivers were dropping crap. But you have to put Henry or Lewis in the backfield to at least  threaten the idea of a run.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nah, this is full blown trolling. No logical argument for ANY of the QBs in Buffalo, Tannehill, Beathard, Mayfield, Rosen or Eli over Mariota.

let him have this. he needs something to soothe the pain of the jaguars chaining their team to blake bortles during their defense's super bowl window.

Archived