BDL 2018 Week 7: Portland Horned Owls @ Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Portland Horned Owls @ Orlando Ospreys  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2018 at 04:00 PM

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Well in that case I believe I listed 3 safeties.  Is that rule posted some place?  If I had known I would have started Haden.

I thought it was posted in the OP but it is not. @Jlash is this something you can put in there?

You clearly did not know the rule so I am personally okay with you having Haden instead (just the same as I think JLash should at least be allowed another player for the Avonte Maddox thing). Unfortunately, that only matters for me and my vote.

But, for future reference, the rule is that players on bye are treated the exact same as they were the week before. No exceptions; no judgement calls. We really don't want a bunch of arguing about how I think Gordon would be healthy, X person thinks he wouldn't be, Y person thinks he'd play and be ineffective... so he's just inactive.

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I thought it was posted in the OP but it is not. @Jlash is this something you can put in there?

You clearly did not know the rule so I am personally okay with you having Haden instead (just the same as I think JLash should at least be allowed another player for the Avonte Maddox thing). Unfortunately, that only matters for me and my vote.

But, for future reference, the rule is that players on bye are treated the exact same as they were the week before. No exceptions; no judgement calls. We really don't want a bunch of arguing about how I think Gordon would be healthy, X person thinks he wouldn't be, Y person thinks he'd play and be ineffective... so he's just inactive.

I remember someone working on a google workbook to house the guidelines but I can never find it.  It would be beneficial to have it available.  You guys have a lot of rules for this sim and the OP isn't clear with all of it.  I understand people don't like reading 12 pages of rules, because I've heard that alot about my mock draft, but it is needed imo.  

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I just don't think that Portland's weapons can get open on a regular basis.

Do you see an issue with me replacing Alexander w/ Haden or Williams.  The rules in the OP don't mention the bye week rule and if I'd known I would have not listed him in my lineup. 

Just now, ny92mike said:

Do you see an issue with me replacing Alexander w/ Haden or Williams.  The rules in the OP don't mention the bye week rule and if I'd known I would have not listed him in my lineup. 

Personally no.  But everyone will have to decide that for themselves.

It's not your fault you don't know every tiny rule.

I think with Orlando planning to play a little more smash mouth than usual, and Portland openly stating they don't care much about the running game I think the Owls defense could be in for a rude awakening in this game and get themselves behind early. Both have really well rounded teams but I think Orlando jumps out to an early lead and holds pulls one out late.

With Portland going 3 and 4 WR that gives two trains of thought: Orlando run out its 3 CBs (if Haden isnt added) and with a pass heavy plan they get taxed and flounder (especially Bradberry). Or Haden is added and Haden still isnt the elite player he used to be so there will still be a hole somewhere. Rolling Portland.

I think this is a pretty close game. I give the advantage to Orlando

Orlando doesn't look nearly as threatening without Allen Robinson and Gronk. I also like the Portland secondary. I think if Portland had put the pressure on its CBs and played the run more, they could have won this game. However, as it is, Orlando chose a pretty good run leaning gameplan, and Portland made a mistake by not preparing for it adequately.

On the other side, I do think Mahomes makes some magic happen. However, Boyd and Hooper are still emerging threats but aren't quite there yet IMO. McCoy isn't the same, Peyton Barber sucks, and Davante is locked up with Jalen Ramsey. I think Portland has a very good comeback bid in this game, but their weapons let them down on the road.

Again with most here, I think Portland would have a shot if Mahomes was surrounded by more talent against an Orlando team can be exploited. However this is a rebuilding year for Portland and sooner rather than later they'll be able to take advantage of the best asset in the BDL. 

12 hours ago, Counselor said:

Get Mahomes a running game and he Portland may be winning this matchup. However Orlando is attacking an area which Portland is going light against. Orlando is going to ball control this game and win.

I agree with this assessment, I think Mahomes keeps Portland in this game, but they need a stronger running game to be able to edge out Orlando.

Archived