Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gute the genius, he's like why trade Aaron now when I can commit to 80 million in dead cap?

Allllllll part of the plan.  Can't let McCarthy or the rest of the NFL suspect anything.  Otherwise, how could he affectively judge McCarthy's coaching ability?  Additionally, if the rest of the NFL suspected this was the plan, they would have let the Packers look better than they actually are in the regular season.  

Genius, really.

Today's game could be important. Packers lose and you could see them deal Dix for a draft pick and basically call it a season and prepare for a rebuild on defense in 2019, especially at the S and EDGE positions (let Matthews walk and dump Perry even with his dead cap). 

Packers win and they probably hold onto Dix and maybe grab an EDGE guy to make a run. 

Personally, I think dealing Dix would be a very smart move assuming you can get a 3 or better (which would top his compensatory pick value). I think there's about a 10% chance he resigns with GB. The guy doesn't want to be here and you can see it. He's got that big city vibe and I think he's counting the days until he's free to go. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Does SF run a 4-3 D?  He's listed as a DE.
He's in his 4th year and has 8 sacks.

6'7 300 LBS and played 3-4 for the past 3 years. He's a perfect 5-tech. Plus he's an athlete who is still learning. Only played 6 and 8 games last two years. 

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The 49ers are desperate for a pass rush, so you can take it to the bank Armstead will not help there. He is a bigger Datone Jones.

I think he's still a developing player, only 24 years old. I also think he plays the run well enough that it would alleviate the need to look at D-line in the draft next year. Armstead plays the run well, Jones was just a bad pick. 

Archived