Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

Agreed. I'd put more of this on Spielman and his inability to create a functional offensive line. The defense has had a lot of injuries and only gave up 23 points today.

While I agree we need to continue to invest resources, hard to blame Rick for the injuries to starters. NO line wouldn't look as good without two starters either.

2 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Agreed. I'd put more of this on Spielman and his inability to create a functional offensive line. The defense has had a lot of injuries and only gave up 23 points today.

Call me an optimist but the injuries are not helping

1 minute ago, Wundy said:

Call me an optimist but the injuries are not helping

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

While I agree we need to continue to invest resources, hard to blame Rick for the injuries to starters. NO line wouldn't look as good without two starters either.

Let's not act like Isadora and Reiff are all that good. Both of them were starting when we gave up an unbelievable amount of pressures in the BUF game. 

2 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Let's not act like Isadora and Reiff are all that good. Both of them were starting when we gave up an unbelievable amount of pressures in the BUF game. 

I know Isidora isn't that good, that's my point. He entered the season 3rd on the LG depth chart at best. But sure, blame Spielman for not having better 3rd stringers.

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Three. And really, you could argue four. 

Reiff and Compton are out. But Compton was salted to be a backup this year, instead we lost Easton. Reiff’s injury has forced us to use the backup LT and RT, and we’re on our 3rd string LG. 

5 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Reiff is a top 10 left tackle. That probably doesn’t say a lot about the league’s state of tackles, but we have one of the better ones. 

And you really expect a 3rd string G to be a good looking starter?

12 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

How?

Buffalo game right after the Linval helmet to helmet or the first Kirk fumble.

Just quit.

This game. Thielen fumble. Haven't done a thing since.

Yeah you’re right. When a bad play happens Zimmer should go out there and not throw interceptions and block better.

Just now, Klomp said:

I know Isidora isn't that good, that's my point. He entered the season 3rd on the LG depth chart at best. But sure, blame Spielman for not having better 3rd stringers.

I meant Compton, not Isadora. My mistake. But the remaining starters (Elflein & Remmers) have struggled mightily as well. Reiff is not worth what we paid him. It's been by far the weakest link of the team for many years now, and I'm quite tired of it.

Archived