Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Reiff is a top 10 left tackle. That probably doesn’t say a lot about the league’s state of tackles, but we have one of the better ones. 

And you really expect a 3rd string G to be a good looking starter?

I disagree on Reiff. And I was talking about Compton who was horrible as well.

3 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Elflein hasn’t been that bad in my estimation. I could be mistaken though. I thought the line has looked better since he came back. 

I don't think he's a good starter, but he's competent and can certainly be part of the future. He needs to be surrounded by better guards, that much is for sure.

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Yeah you’re right. When a bad play happens Zimmer should go out there and not throw interceptions and block better.

Isn't it his job to make sure the team bounces back from a horrible twist of luck at the half? Or what am I missing here?

The team, more so the offense, absolutely shut down after the Thielen fumble. And once again, out coached in the second half by Payton much like the NFCCG.

I don't know if it's just me but it's a trend that we're out coached and outplayed in the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't think he's a good starter, but he's competent and can certainly be part of the future. He needs to be surrounded by better guards, that much is for sure.

Getting him a real offseason where he can focus on strength training instead of rehab will help his game a lot as well. 

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He's fine. Above-average to good. He's a piece to the line.

He looks worse than he is due to no guards.

25 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

How do we go from moving the ball at will until the Thielen fumble and the entire second half, can't do a thing?

The problems moving the ball in The 2nd Half came mainly from The Saints' adjustments, and to a lesser extent, getting too far behind, and not being able to use the run to help balance the attack.  The turnovers killed us.

This team has a lot of work to do, especially on offense. We basically threw away any chance to win by allowing one mistake to snowball into a dozen more. We've got some really important divisional games coming up, and if we go into them with the same weakness we showed tonight our playoff chances could be finished.

OK. Drew Bree’s threw for 120 yards. Our defense played fine. Perfect? No. But well enough to win this game. We can’t make mistakes like Thielen’s fumble and the missed 4th and 1 conversion and expect to beat good teams like New Orleans. 

The Vikings, like it or not, are built on strong fundamentals, ball control, no penalties, low turnovers. When that algorithm is upset it’s hard for us to win. 

We are still capable of being a different team or at least executing at a higher level. We are still in reasonable shape in the division and if we clean things up we can beat anyone. If we make mistakes like today it’ll be a frustrating remainder of the season. 

Archived