Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Wait.

Now what record is Thielen trying to break?

I thought he already did the record for 100 yard games to start a season?

Broke the 100 yards to start a season (8); tied the consecutive 100 yard games in a season with Megatron.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Did that O'Neil play?

How'd he look?

O'Neill played.  He looked good on some plays, and not so good on others.  He got pancaked on a couple critical running plays.  He's a work in progress, generally improving as he gets more experience.  I think he'll become a top-notch run blocker.  He needs a lot of work on pass blocking.  But he's big enough, and VERY mobile and athletic for his size.  I think we have an eventual Pro Bowl RT on our hands whose play we'll enjoy for many years.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Wait.

Now what record is Thielen trying to break?

I thought he already did the record for 100 yard games to start a season?

He has the most games of 100 to start a season as you mention. 

Calvin Johnson also has 8 consecutive 100 yard games, just not to start the season. Thielen will try to break that next week. 

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

O'Neill played.  He looked good on some plays, and not so good on others.  He got pancaked on a couple critical running plays.  He's a work in progress, generally improving as he gets more experience.  I think he'll become a top-notch run blocker.  He needs a lot of work on pass blocking.  But he's big enough, and VERY mobile and athletic for his size.  I think we have an eventual Pro Bowl RT on our hands whose play we'll enjoy for many years.

I think he may be fine but he's a project. Don't think he was supposed to play this year and red shirt and get some strength.

2 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

O'Neill and Elflien are good building blocks. Hopefully Reiff can get back to 2017 form at some point, whether it be this year or next. If we can cut Remmers and bring in somebody decent I think our offense will be a lot better next year. Cook needs to come back, too. Murray is okay but a healthy Cook is way better.

5 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

I think he (Compton) looked bad against the 49ers, Bills, Rams, can Cardinals personally.

I agree.  Compton has played poorly in all the games (when measured by average starter replacement standards). 

7 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

This team has a lot of work to do, especially on offense. We basically threw away any chance to win by allowing one mistake to snowball into a dozen more. We've got some really important divisional games coming up, and if we go into them with the same weakness we showed tonight our playoff chances could be finished.

This has been the story of the season. I think the playoffs will always be part of the conversation since the Bears and Packers aren't particularly good this year, and Detroit is Detroit.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Would’ve liked Zimmer to use his 2 TO’s at the end of the 1st half to try and get into FG range. 

I think you throw past the sticks on first down. If you get some yards, go for the FG. If nothing, run out the clock.

We needed to build momentum there. Not go into the half after a bad bad turn of events.

Archived