Over a 16 game season that translates to:

57 receptions, 757 yards, 6 TDs

wonder what his numbers will look like now in that cowboys offense

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Amari Cooper's last 28 games, dating back to 2016:

101 receptions, 1,326 yards, 11 TDs

TBF, he is open a lot, but we have this guy named Carr that only throws to RBs and TEs.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

See, that's what baffles me the most about this.

Earl Thomas isn't worth a 1st rounder no matter how you spin it. The Safety position is completely devalued, Earl is already 30 and has injury history. No way he's worth a 1st rounder.

HOWEVER, neither is Cooper. Not by a friggin' mile. So Dallas actually used logic and reason to NOT overpay for Thomas, but then completely throw all of that out the window to massively overpay for an objectively significantly lesser player? wtf.

Yeah, I don't think Thomas is worth a first either. But he is one of the truly elite players in this league. Cooper is a good player, but would you even consider him a top 20 receiver at the moment? 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Amari Cooper's last 28 games, dating back to 2016:

101 receptions, 1,326 yards, 11 TDs

Amazing what happens when you don't target a receiver. 
He also is capable of scoring long touchdowns all the time. Had a 60 yarder against your eagles. Had a 90 yarder the next week against the Chargers in a down year. I don't think people realize, there's no way the Cowboys could have gotten a receiver of his caliber in the draft next year. Everyone is hive mind celebrating like the Raiders just traded away some garbage player. People live in the fantasy football world. If he puts it together and is actually schemed touches/targeted 10+ times per game like he should be, he can be an unbelievable player.

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Big thanks to Washington. Pretty sure we would of settled for a 2nd but they made it a bidding war. Maybe Washington outsmarted Dallas. 

Honestly I bet it was the Gruden bros helping each other out. Gets the Raiders a higher pick and screws over their division rival. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll just post what I posted in the Raider Forum: 

Wow!! Can’t believe the Cowboys are this dumb. I was expecting a 2nd and thinking that was a steal. You can definitey get a better WR in the 1st (although hope we don’t draft a WR in the first). 

I’m in shock we got a 1st. 5 1st Round Picks in two years, this is how you build a franchise ladies and gentlemen. 

Well, you're not doing any building right now.

21 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Carr will net a 2nd rounder.

Carr is a QB.

2 minutes ago, daineraider said:

TBF, he is open a lot, but we have this guy named Carr that only throws to RBs and TEs.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He also is capable of scoring long touchdowns all the time. Had a 60 yarder against your eagles. Had a 90 yarder the next week against the Chargers in a down year. I don't think people realize, there's no way the Cowboys could have gotten a receiver of his caliber in the draft next year. Everyone is hive mind celebrating like the Raiders just traded away some garbage player. People live in the fantasy football world. If he puts it together and is actually schemed touches/targeted 10+ times per game like he should be, he can be an unbelievable player.

In what world though is Dak an upgrade to Carr? Even if he is a WR talent worthy of a 1st round pick (which, on an expiring contract, I find hard to believe), what good is it if you can't utilize him properly?

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think he is a garbage player but I think if you are going to rebuild then this is the way to do it and getting a first for him (or any player really) is a really good value.

Archived