Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Only Jerry Jones would manage to get fleeced by Jon Gruden.

The funny thing is, WRs weren't even the problem for the Cowboys. From what I saw, Gallup and Tavon Austin were performing a lot better than I expected them to, and Beasley is a pretty good slot receiver. The OL isn't what it used to be and Dak isn't good.

Cooper is so much better than Gallup though it's not even funny. It's a fair trade, Jerry isn't an idiot.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cooper is so much better than Gallup though it's not even funny. It's a fair trade, Jerry isn't an idiot.

But it's not just Cooper vs. Gallup.  It's Cooper vs. Gallup and a first.  I'd have a hard time believing the Cowboys wouldn't get more production out of the latter.

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope so. 3 picks in the top 15? Hell ya.

Engh.  Refs will find ways to ensure Dallas gets enough wins to be picking in the Top 20, but not make the playoffs.  But Dak will prevail, don't worry.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd say Goff>>>>>>Dak though. That makes a big difference in terms of using these WRs. 

the much bigger thing is McVay>>>>>>>>Jason Garrett

But if Coop can take Dak dumps and make something of them, it could work.

Just now, CWood21 said:

But it's not just Cooper vs. Gallup.  It's Cooper vs. Gallup and a first.  I'd have a hard time believing the Cowboys wouldn't get more production out of the latter.

Yeah I agree, but lets not act like the Cowboys passing offense was some offensive juggernaut. They finally added a real weapon. Jerry probably thinks they won't be able to draft anyone of his caliber next year and he's probably right. How they extend him correctly though is beyond me. Joel Segal is a piece of ****.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can you Raiders fans stop talking up Cooper? You're scaring me.

You know what, it's ok. Even if he is a stud, Dak is still throwing him the ball, it's still a 1st round pick that will likely be top 16, and they'll have to pay him $15M+/year.  It's gonna be ok.

I'm talking up the player, not the situation. I'm not sure if Dak is the qb to help him take the next step, or if the Cowboys passing offense will stop him from getting bracket coverage. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

the much bigger thing is McVay>>>>>>>>JG

But if Coop can take Dak dumps and make something of them, it could work.

Actually Gruden's play design has been quite good. The problem is half our OL was out last week and we got absolutely murdered. We were moving the ball pretty well tho.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The guy who gave up two first round picks for Galloway and a first for Roy Williams isn’t an idiot? Cooper is a good player but if you are giving up a first you better get an elite player of some sort. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Actually Gruden's play design has been quite good. The problem is half our OL was out last week and we got absolutely murdered. We were moving the ball pretty well tho.

ha didn't even think of them having the same initials, meant Jason Garrett

Archived