Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Dallas

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

What are you complaining about? People are actually thinking your team won this trade.

Amari is a good player who still has a chance to be a top ten guy. 

If Brandin Cooks can go for a first twice, Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson can each get 16 mill per - why is it so outrageous the inconsistent but uber talented Amari Cooper can fetch a 1st from a team with the worst WR core in the league?

>Raiders pull off a trade that gets non-Raiders fans optimistic about their future and the direction they're headed. Finally, opposing fans are making fun of the other team in a Raiders trade!...

>"Actually we didn't even win this trade, Amari is a special talent, only 24 years old, and you won't find a WR as talented as him in this draft class which we just traded him for a 1st in" -Raiders fans only

Image result for dylan gif

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

I'd take Amari Cooper over any 1st round WR coming out this year 

Me too. I'd take him over Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson,  too.

And Amari Cooper is only 6 months older than Calvin Ridley. Dude still has so much time to put it together. The talent is certainly there, hopefully Dak actually throws him the ball unlike the shellshocked Carr.

11 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Amari is a good player who still has a chance to be a top ten guy. 

If Brandin Cooks can go for a first twice, Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson can each get 16 mill per - why is it so outrageous the inconsistent but uber talented Amari Cooper can fetch a 1st from a team with the worst WR core in the league?

Because he’s struggled the past two seasons, his rookie contract is expiring and he’s going to want an expensive extension that he isn’t worth.

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Dunno if you missed my point or you're being sarcastic. 

You'll cheer up when Amari is roasting all those terrible DBs in the NFC east. 

Even if he was or is. No he wont. This guy isnt Megatron and we have no one outside of s great alot guy to take attention away from him. Not to mention our QB is wildly inaccurate. 

Total fire sale in Oakland. Looks like ownership is going to try and save money and just limp through the rest of their time in the Bay Area. The Oakland faithful deserve better from a team that they supported through thick and thin. This is how they get to watch their team go out? Reloading for the future in another city?

24 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm not mad about the trade I'm just saying, yall are overreacting. Amari isnt some scrub.

No one is saying he's a scrub.  However, part of what is built in to spending a 1st round pick on a receiver is not just the upside but being able to have that player (and his ceiling) locked into the roster on the relative-cheap at below-market value for 4-5 years.  Amari isn't providing that to Dallas and thus it must be factored into the value they're getting on their 1st round pick in exchange.

Bringing up Brandin Cooks is an apples to oranges comparison.  When the Patriots and then the Rams traded for him, they felt they were (largely) one piece away from, at minimum, challenging for a Conference title - Dallas, I think most logical people in this thread, including most Cowboys fans because they're realistic about the limitations Garrett puts on the team, is not that.

We have 1-2 quality seasons of Amari and 1//2 season of pretty BLECH play from him.  At this point, there's certainly reason for confidence that he's not another guy with "everything you want except the hands and ability to track the ball in-air," but there's also not a reason to have supreme confidence that he's not one of those guys (of which there are quite a few over the past decade who have been selected in the 1st round).

Archived