Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

17 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Hello gents....any of you guys experience the thrill of a knee replacement?  I turned 50, and decided it was time.  I'm 3 weeks in, and things are getting better, but damn, the first few weeks are brutal.

I had no idea you were so old and decrepit...

Anyway, no, but I’m familiar with the recovery.  As you said, first few weeks are an arse kicker, but you’re past that now.  It’ll be 6 months before most people are back to some sort of “normal” (less for you most likely as you’re young for a TKR).  After a year you’re “good as new”.  It’s a helluva process, but I’ve yet to hear of anyone who wasn’t glad they did it after a few months.

Hang in there and really focus on the PT, you really do get out of it what you put into it, so push yourself.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I had no idea you were so old and decrepit...

Anyway, no, but I’m familiar with the recovery.  As you said, first few weeks are an arse kicker, but you’re past that now.  It’ll be 6 months before most people are back to some sort of “normal” (less for you most likely as you’re young for a TKR).  After a year you’re “good as new”.  It’s a helluva process, but I’ve yet to hear of anyone who wasn’t glad they did it after a few months.

Hang in there and really focus on the PT, you really do get out of it what you put into it, so push yourself.  

Ya that's no fun either, but I have been pushing it in pt and on my own.  Tore my acl in my 20s and recovered nicely from surgery after that.  This is another animal...and as you stated..im an old f..k

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Ya that's no fun either, but I have been pushing it in pt and on my own.  Tore my acl in my 20s and recovered nicely from surgery after that.  This is another animal...and as you stated..im an old f..k

Lol well I’m wishing you a speedy recovery, even if I know it won’t be.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, big poppa pump said:

how old are you?

I tore my knee up pretty good back in '05. Back in '15, I was having issues with my knee and got it looked at. The guy said it was nothing serious, just arthritis. The way it looked, he said he would give me about 15-20 years when ill need a replacement.  

On 7/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol well I’m wishing you a speedy recovery, even if I know it won’t be.

Damn, I'm older than him, but I've still got all of my joints.  

But my sciatic nerve is absolutely killing me at the moment.  

Image result for sciatic nerve

For the record, I still have not posted a photograph of myself on the FF forum.  :D

53 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Damn, I'm older than him, but I've still got all of my joints.  

Image result for sciatic nerve

For the record, I still have not posted a photograph of myself on the FF forum.  :D

That sucks, no simple fix for sciatic pain.

59 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I have had nerve damage that caused massive muscle atrophy in my left leg and lesser atrophy in my right (18 years apart).

The leg left suffered an industrial accident (2" stainless steel bar jammed into my left gluteus maximus); not completely sure what caused the damage to the right but strongly suspect it was pressure I was putting on right due to an awful desk chair I sat on for years.

In both cases, the only thing I found that helped was walking with weights.

It took me over 2 years to rebuild the muscle mass in the left leg walking into, through and up the hills out of Rocky River Valley with 40 lbs. of weights in a backpack.

Working on steps with weights on the right leg for now until I build up enough strength/muscle mass to go back to the Valley.

Can't say for sure either problem was sciatic.

Doing lots of stairs 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

how old are you?

I tore my knee up pretty good back in '05. Back in '15, I was having issues with my knee and got it looked at. The guy said it was nothing serious, just arthritis. The way it looked, he said he would give me about 15-20 years when ill need a replacement.  

50...i could have waited.  The pain from the arthritis was manageable, but I have 2 younger sons that I'm trying to keep up with.  I did the surgery now, because I figured it was inevitable, and I knew I could handle the rehab.

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

50...i could have waited.  The pain from the arthritis was manageable, but I have 2 younger sons that I'm trying to keep up with.  I did the surgery now, because I figured it was inevitable, and I knew I could handle the rehab.

Yeah that’s what I am thinking of what I’ll have to do. I just turned 31 and just had my son 4 days ago

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah that’s what I am thinking of what I’ll have to do. I just turned 31 and just had my son 4 days ago

Big, if true.

Word of advice though:  Make sure you say we/our instead of I/my around the wife.

Just so she feels like she had a small part in it. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How many times does Webby tell us not to put our images on the site. 

.....and you go ahead and put video of me on here?  How dare you @candyman93!!!

OK, I'm 5'8", but damn if he don't look like a condensed version of me.  

I do feel bad for him.