Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just feel bad for the kids whose parents don’t do just a tiny bit better.

Some people are just dumb, thats the way it is. There are plenty of things to do that dont require you to be around bunches of people. Go to a metro park, go camping, go golfing, fishing or buy a inflatable pool for your backyard for $200 and swim around at home.

You dont HAVE to go crowded places to still get out and do things this summer. People are just unwilling to improvise and do things they might not normally do.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Some people are just dumb, thats the way it is. There are plenty of things to do that dont require you to be around bunches of people. Go to a metro park, go camping, go golfing, fishing or buy a inflatable pool for your backyard for $200 and swim around at home.

You dont HAVE to go crowded places to still get out and do things this summer. People are just unwilling to improvise and do things they might not normally do.

We live in the greatest country in the world. However, there’s a LOT we need to fix.

The diversity in this country is incredible. The ability of us as citizens to do what we want and when we want is a gift and a curse. It promotes innovation and ingenuity never seen before in mankind history, but also promotes and protects pure stupidity. I love that you have the right to be stupid, but not the people who choose to actively display it.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:18 PM, candyman93 said:

We live in the greatest country in the world. However, there’s a LOT we need to fix.

The diversity in this country is incredible. The ability of us as citizens to do what we want and when we want is a gift and a curse. It promotes innovation and ingenuity never seen before in mankind history, but also promotes and protects pure stupidity. I love that you have the right to be stupid, but not the people who choose to actively display it.

As many of you know, I'm spending a TON of time interacting with people in Australia now, and it is amazing that West and South Australia are for all intents and purposes wide-open.  Same for the Northern Territories.  Victoria (Melbourne) is locked down tight as a drum, and they're still getting 700+ new cases in the state each day.  They're seeing plenty of people pushing back, and exacerbating the situation further.

If anyone makes an offer i might sell them one of my children. 

I love them all, but after 5 days of being stuck inside with them due to us all having a head colds, you realize they actually try to drive you insane. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If anyone makes an offer i might sell them one of my children. 

I love them all, but after 5 days of being stuck inside with them due to us all having a head colds, you realize they actually try to drive you insane. 

5 days?  I’m going on 5 months pal.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

5 days?  I’m going on 5 months pal.

If you live in Franklin County, add an extra 3 months with the school decisions they’ve made.

I have a relative that wrote to the governor being upset that her daughter is going to fall further behind. Which is completely understandable.

However, her daughter already didn’t give a **** about school and instead of spending money on a tutor, her mom spent the $1200 stimulus on a freaking trampoline to keep her daughter away and busy.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you live in Franklin County, add an extra 3 months with the school decisions they’ve made.

I’m in Warren Co.  We were given the choice and elected to keep them home. We both work from home normally anyway, so it made our decision pretty easy.

I have a relative that wrote to the governor being upset that her daughter is going to fall further behind. Which is completely understandable.

I mean, yes and no.  Even if this lasts all school year, one year isn’t life changing if you actually apply yourself at home. Not ideal, but what about this situation is?

However, her daughter already didn’t give a **** about school and instead of spending money on a tutor, her mom spent the $1200 stimulus on a freaking trampoline to keep her daughter away and busy.

Right?!