Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Disney going to Wyoming would ruin Wyoming for me. 

If I’m making a trip out west I don’t wanna wait in lines or see other people in general. I’m tryin to see a grizzly bear or drink my local beer in peace. 

Utah mayne. Its like Wyoming, but less Canadian looking.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Never been to northern Utah I see lol 

nope just SLC, but there is a fine line in 'wanting to be secluded and away from hustle/bustle' and 'this place is where clearly where people go insane and murders happen'. Gotta keep sanity at a arms reach away and Utah is perfect for that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

nope just SLC, but there is a fine line in 'wanting to be secluded and away from hustle/bustle' and 'this place is where clearly where people go insane and murders happen'. Gotta keep sanity at a arms reach away and Utah is perfect for that

Drive an hour east out of SLC and you’re in mountains and at elevation.  It’s gorgeous and completely different than the southern part of the state.

Honestly California is the only state that’s comparable as far as geographical diversity and beauty imo.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Drive an hour east out of SLC and you’re in mountains and at elevation.  It’s gorgeous and completely different than the southern part of the state.

Honestly California is the only state that’s comparable as far as geographical diversity and beauty imo.

I’d still bang the Montana drum with mountains, cliffs, rivers, and lakes to go with prairies, albeit the beach component is not there.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d still bang the Montana drum with mountains, cliffs, rivers, and lakes to go with prairies, albeit the beach component is not there.

No beach, no deserts.  

Bits of NE Utah are similar to Montana, nothing in Montana is comparable to southern Utah.

Montana is pretty af though, Colorado too.

Washington/Oregon too, they have a ton of geographical diversity. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just felt like talking ish about Michigan today.

If Jim Harbaugh had this happen in year 3 or 4, would be 100% have been fired over it?

Fun story about that game.  I worked with a guy who is a huge UM fan. I mean he gave me all the buckeyes recruiting info and paid for a ton of stuff online for scout and other sites. Anyway his son was turning 18 and I called a former boss who has access to UM tickets. I got them tickets for this game for free. Well we all know how that went.  Monday rolls around and I literally was told don’t ******* talk to me.  I don’t want to hear it. **** you. 

I looked at the guy and said glad I could get you free tickets to a game. Then said something about typical Michigan fan, can’t figure out why they aren’t use to losing. 

Anyway I worked with him from 13-19 and he wouldn’t say **** to me every year for a week or two after the annual thanksgiving beat down. Well last year he texted me every day for 2 weeks. I reminded him I was at the game, I know what happened and glad he was enjoying his once every 10 year win. Text me in 2031 when they win again.  

UM fans run their mouths so much it’s funny and sad.  Living in Toledo I’m use to it. They have this arrogant attitude that only equals Steelers fans. And yes there are a ton of UM/Steelers fans in Toledo. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JDD said:

Fun story about that game.  I worked with a guy who is a huge UM fan. I mean he gave me all the buckeyes recruiting info and paid for a ton of stuff online for scout and other sites. Anyway his son was turning 18 and I called a former boss who has access to UM tickets. I got them tickets for this game for free. Well we all know how that went.  Monday rolls around and I literally was told don’t ******* talk to me.  I don’t want to hear it. **** you. 

I looked at the guy and said glad I could get you free tickets to a game. Then said something about typical Michigan fan, can’t figure out why they aren’t use to losing. 

Anyway I worked with him from 13-19 and he wouldn’t say **** to me every year for a week or two after the annual thanksgiving beat down. Well last year he texted me every day for 2 weeks. I reminded him I was at the game, I know what happened and glad he was enjoying his once every 10 year win. Text me in 2031 when they win again.  

UM fans run their mouths so much it’s funny and sad.  Living in Toledo I’m use to it. They have this arrogant attitude that only equals Steelers fans. And yes there are a ton of UM/Steelers fans in Toledo. 

I could not physically control myself in that situation. I would have been blowing up that dudes phone and talking ****.

Props to the camera crew. They NAILED everything reaction wise. Perfectly synced up Harbs reaction with the :00 on the clock and final score.

Did some reading on that play. The only bad thing is that the kid broke his hip on the celebration. However, he will be a legend at that school for the rest of his life. He joined the Air Force too.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13940466/jalen-watts-jackson-michigan-state-spartans-enjoys-hero-status-hospital

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-state-legend-jalen-watts-jackson-gives-up-football-to-join-the-air-force/

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just felt like talking ish about Michigan today.

If Jim Harbaugh had this happen in year 3 or 4, would be 100% have been fired over it?

Ironically that play cost us the playoffs. MSU would have had 2 losses so the head to head loss with them wouldn’t have mattered and we’d have made the B1G Title Game. Still all time hilarious though.

9 hours ago, JDD said:

Always funny to me. I haven’t talked crap to a UM fan in a decade, just kept my mouth shut and haven’t engaged…but those bitter side comments that come out of their mouths are fantastic and really put the “Ohio State fans are the worst” comments in perspective.

I mean, I get it. I remember the 90s well and the shoe was on the other foot for us then…albeit those Cooper teams were actually better nationally than the Harbaugh ones and just choked most years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDD said:

Cooper had some really good teams. He just was an average coach. He also has over 100 wins at OSU and is second only to Woody. It’s not like OSU was a bad team back then. 

He just always puckered in big games and was outcoached. He was ahead of his time as a recruiter and won with talent as opposed to scheme and it showed in bowl games as much as vs UM.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ironically that play cost us the playoffs. MSU would have had 2 losses so the head to head loss with them wouldn’t have mattered and we’d have made the B1G Title Game. Still all time hilarious though.

Always funny to me. I haven’t talked crap to a UM fan in a decade, just kept my mouth shut and haven’t engaged…but those bitter side comments that come out of their mouths are fantastic and really put the “Ohio State fans are the worst” comments in perspective.

I mean, I get it. I remember the 90s well and the shoe was on the other foot for us then…albeit those Cooper teams were actually better nationally than the Harbaugh ones and just choked most years.

From living in Columbus now for a while, I 1000000% understand why all other teams think OSU has the most obnoxious fanbase. The reason isnt because of the drunk students talking smack or anything like that. The reason solely lies with the Alumni base.

The amount of 'boosters', 40+ year old finance bros and rich spoiled Alumni superfans that are trying to relive their college days OSU has is second to none. 

Its impressive really, which is why OSU home games are a bit of a snoozefest sometimes despite having the 3rd largest outdoor stadium in all of football with 100k+ seating. 70% of the people there are alumni or normal people who live in the area. Only about 15-20% of the stadium is actual students going crazy. Their games often feel very cooperate and less like a fun college atmosphere. 

Edited by AkronsWitness