Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@mistakey a buddy of mine messed up centering the shower head by 3 inches. The rest of it looks like artwork, but guess who ruined it for him by immediately pointing it out? What can I say, I’m a good friend.

I literally spent an entire day getting mine right. My wife wanted a wider tub than what was taken out, so there was a lot of plumbing that had to be done to line everything up right.

I feel his pain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

I literally spent an entire day getting mine right. My wife wanted a wider tub than what was taken out, so there was a lot of plumbing that had to be done to line everything up right.

I feel his pain. 

Ugh plumbing is the bane of my existence. I will be hiring that out to a pro, along with the electric. Setting a toilet on a wax ring is as adventurous as I get.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im glad you decided against it and saved your dignity.

It really would have been a poor idea to double down on the High Life.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and Ollie’s has KBS if you’re into that sorta thing.

KBS? 

I've been exploring how to run a new ethernet cable into our bedroom, as our wifi doesn't permeate the walls of Chateau` de Buckethead (old tiny house, walls must be made of lead), in order to finally cut cable, and go with a streaming service.  (Thought I had one picked out [Directv Now], right up until this past week, when they made significantly huge changes to what they carry.  Too many deal breakers not being carried now.)  Anyone else streaming?  If so, if you're using a service that doesn't have ABC, can you still watch the Buckeye games on the ABC app?  Curious about the Browns as well on the CBS All-Access).  Can you stream live NCAA on ESPN +?  Anybody know?  Looking to save about $140 a month, after our initial extension of our wifi, and picking up a couple roku (or fire tv) devices.

Just don't want to get squeezed out of watching the Browns/Buckeyes, or Navy for that matter.

• Like 1

We've pretty much finished renovating our house now. Just the garden (the back yard to you lot) to do.

There's a 2 metre height difference between the 'top' garden and 'bottom' garden. I've always hated it but recently found out it literally marks the boundary where the Romans dug out the clay soil.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus I can see it now...

You pissed and frustrated trying to get the wrinkles out of the carped, me absolutely wasted trying to explain Anderception vs. Brady to your girls, Mrs. MWil telling you how you should be doing things and reminding you of times you didn’t listen while Nate is providing live updates of the situation to the bros here.

Sounds incredible.

I’m extremely here for @NateDawgs evil Kermit memes 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I’m just doing the floor of the bathroom and am doing a regular shower insert for now. Unfortunately it’s a matter of time and funds.

Doing carpet in all the bedrooms but a floating floor snap laminate (nice kind) in the kitchen, dining room, and living room with open concept.

Pebbles and dust underneath floating floors are the absolute worst.  Make sure you have a good broom and see if self leveling compound can help if you’re not good at making a level floor.  

Also mix up the board lengths.  Usually people just go 

and then follow off that anchor pattern and it just ends up looking like a herringbone pattern. 

• Like 1

Just now, big poppa pump said:

What did you say?

Hey you dirty hillbilly....Clean up your ish.  I can't sell a house when I'm leaving next to an episode of Hoarders.

Got his number and texted him:

Hi ————-this is MWil from next door, hopefully this is still your number. :)

You may have seen our sign next door that we are trying to sell our house and it is officially on the market. So far we have had four showings and received the following feedback on our house:

(Two direct feedback reports copy pasted from our realtor)

We received another similar feedback report as well.

I know that this is a sensitive issue and awkward to talk about, but I wanted to communicate with you about this. You guys have been fantastic neighbors and have attempted to pass this on to prospective buyers and the realtors but to no avail thus far. We would really appreciate it if you could help us out with your yard. I would be happy to help. I mean this with the best intentions.

If you want to talk my phone number is ——————-

• Like 1