Adrian Colbert Placed on IR

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I would honestly like for them to move Ward to the starting FS spot if he's ever healthy again. I don't believe Reed is a FS. Never liked his fit there. Another example of them taking a guy and not playing him to his strengths...

Ward is better than Mabin and Spoon at CB, at this point. At least, against the Packers, he was, until he was injured. It's really all just sad.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Ward is better than Mabin and Spoon at CB, at this point. At least, against the Packers, he was, until he was injured. It's really all just sad.

I'd rather them give all the young guys burn on the outside, including Moore. Let's see who improves and shows development over the second half of the year. 

18 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd rather them give all the young guys burn on the outside, including Moore. Let's see who improves and shows development over the second half of the year. 

Then there's no reason to have Ward back at fs either. May as well see what Reed can do there

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Then there's no reason to have Ward back at fs either. May as well see what Reed can do there

If I thought Reed's future was@FS I would agree. He's not a safety, he's a nickelback. He should be the future@nickelback IMO. I understand Williams is a fixture there for the time being but I think it's a HUGE mistake taking Reed and trying to make him a FS. He's a natural CB. It was one of the reasons I liked that pick so much. Moving him to FS was a head-scratcher. I still don't understand the reasoning there to be quite honest...

Just now, 757-NINER said:

If I thought Reed's future was@FS I would agree. He's not a safety, he's a nickelback. He should be the future@nickelback IMO. I understand Williams is a fixture there for the time being but I think it's a HUGE mistake taking Reed and trying to make him a FS. He's a natural CB. It was one of the reasons I liked that pick so much. Moving him to FS was a head-scratcher. I still don't understand the reasoning there to be quite honest...

We should just be grateful that Saleh hasn't started playing Reed at SDE for LEO. 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, NinerNation21 said:

He loves dropping Earl Mitchell into coverage, maybe Saleh moves him to his more natural position of FS? Seems like a Saleh-type move.

Hey. You're all thinking wrong. He's working his way to his magnum opus - the "all SDE D". Basically, you get a bunch of defensive line tweener types. Nobody's going to run on that. And yeah, the other team might be faster and more agile than you at a couple of positions, but your players will crush them like bugs with their superior size.

3 hours ago, JIllg said:

Hey. You're all thinking wrong. He's working his way to his magnum opus - the "all SDE D". Basically, you get a bunch of defensive line tweener types. Nobody's going to run on that. And yeah, the other team might be faster and more agile than you at a couple of positions, but your players will crush them like bugs with their superior size.

Let them play physical, but with an F. Fysical. That's how Singletary did it. 

Archived