Carson Wentz its over rated

Vladimir L

17 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

His YPA tanks in the 4th quarter

This has been in large part due to Doug Pederson play calling so passively in the 4th quarter this season. It's like as soon as you hit the 4th quarter he just plays not to lose, unlike last season.

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hasn't he looked good this year but the Eagles D has let them down?

He has looked good. The only problem is he hasn't taken too many deep shots. But he has completed quite a few ~20 yarders,

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s looked good, but not really like what he did last year. The offensive line and running game is much worse, so it’s expected. 

The defense has let them down, but blowing leads and not closing out games is not solely on the D.

In the case of the Panthers it's mostly on the playcalling, even moreso on the defensive playcalling. The majority of the blame goes to Jim Schwartz, but not all of it.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

In the case of the Panthers it's mostly on the playcalling, even moreso on the defensive playcalling. The majority of the blame goes to Jim Schwartz, but not all of it.

I’ve only seen 2 or 3 of their games this year - is it more on Schwartz as a whole for this season so far?

It looked like to me that the front 7 sans Cox was playing flat and Mills slammed back down to earth. Which I guess could be coaching, just seems like half the defense either regressed or just played with no energy.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’ve only seen 2 or 3 of their games this year - is it more on Schwartz as a whole for this season so far?

It looked like to me that the front 7 sans Cox was playing flat and Mills slammed back down to earth. Which I guess could be coaching, just seems like half the defense either regressed or just played with no energy.

When they have a lead in the 4th quarter, Jim Schwartz absolutely just plays not to lose and completely plays way too passively. Hell even Eli could look good against Schwartz 4th quarter play calling.

Mills was always just average, he's now being exposed because Brandon Graham and the other defensive ends are having a harder time getting pressure consistently to mask his terrible skills. 

I can't say why exactly the D-Line isn't as consistently getting pressure, but when that's the case it's on the d coordinator to make adjustments accordingly, and Schwartz hasn't even tried anything different.

People had him as the next Tom Brady, Brees, Marino, Aaron Roger, Big Ben or Payton Manning. That he is not he is simply a 2nd tier qb. He isnt 1st through 5 but on the outside looking in. You guys just give him way too much credit. 

Best young QB right now are Geoff and Maholmes. Wentz is more Kirk Cousins or Cam.

59 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

People had him as the next Tom Brady, Brees, Marino, Aaron Roger, Big Ben or Payton Manning. That he is not he is simply a 2nd tier qb. He isnt 1st through 5 but on the outside looking in. You guys just give him way too much credit. 

Best young QB right now are Geoff and Maholmes. Wentz is more Kirk Cousins or Cam.

Everyone in this thread agrees he’s not an elite quarterback at the moment.  

Definitively saying he will never be one of the elites is as bad calling him one now.  

Geoff and Malhomes haven’t impressed me more this year so far than Wentz last year.  

It's a good thing Webby doesn't allow old threads to be brought back up just to make a point on how ridiculous the take was...because man, if there's ever one that's prime for it, it's this thread, same time next year.   

And remember, I've got no dogs in this show, don't own him in fantasy, obv. don't root for PHI, and don't really care about who wins the NFC East or NFC, well, unless I've got $ on it (and I've got zero $ on PHI this year lol).

I think he's overrated in the sense that he's not a consensus top 5 QB yet. You could even argue he has more to prove before he is even top 10. You could also argue that the Eagle do not win the SB last year if he's healthy.

I still think he is a good QB and he's not the reason the Eagles are struggling this year.

Archived