Carson Wentz its over rated

Vladimir L

I can agree to the "overrated" tag for Carson Wentz, just for the people that already wanted to put him into the HOF after last year, but he is a very good franchise QB and will likely get much better over the years.  I made the same argument about Goff (and would still do so despite his great season so far this year) just because I think you really have to have a decent body of work to look at when evaluating QB's before going crazy with the hyperbole.  Both these guys are still only 2.5 years in and that's not enough time to heap some of the crazy praise I've seen thrown around for either of them.

Now, if by the end of the 2020 season they have both maintained their current levels of production and success then sure, label them elite or near-elite or whatever, but I need to see more than 1.5 great seasons out of any QB before that can even be considered.  For me anyway.

21 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

12 TDs to only 1 INT in the last 5 games looks good to me.

Not sure why other then to make him look even better they used 5 games not his full 6? His numbers after I edit my Signature will be

13TD to only 2 INT

Is he overrated? Yes. He has had many a game where his actual play did not match his statistics... See, RAC, amazing grabs from receivers, etc. However, he has also had a fine number of games where he made throws nobody else in the league could make and they didn't neccessarily show up on the state sheet. He is a top 8 Quarterback, easily, and will be the best in the league for a good 7 or 8 year span if he learns to take care of himself.

Archived