Carson Wentz its over rated

Vladimir L

I’ve only seen him play once since his injury.. so I checked out his stats 

His completion percentage is at 70% ... up 10% from last year. His YPA is up from last year as are his yards per game. He’s not throwing TDs as often as last year but he’s not throwing picks as often either. He’s getting sacked at a higher rate than last year, but that can’t be attributed to the QB either.

Im not sure what’s so bad about this year... looks like he’s doing fine. What are you seeing differently?

15 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Not sure why he is a darling. Last year was last year. Good QBs will their team to score 30 points per game and win.

If this statement were true (it's not), there'd only be 4 good QB's in the league this year (Mahomes, Brees, Goff and Brady).

If this statement were true (it's not), there'd be ZERO good QB's in the NFL last year (highest PPG was....PHILLY at 29 ppg).

0/10. I award you no points.

EDIT: source

Wentz has been asked to carry the offense in lieu of a poor run game, and he's done a pretty job. He deserves blame for that final drive sputtering out last Sunday, but overall he has been just as good as he was last year. Offense around him has not been as good, so it's no surprise the team scoring is down. Interestingly his numbers are arguably better than last year's, that is despite coming off a major injury and 2 of his 5 games being played without Alshon. 

"Good QBs will their team to score 30 PPG" is just a ridiculous statement. First, lower the bar a bit, let's say ~24 points, just a hint above league average over the past several years. Then swap out "good" for "elite." The elite QBs, Rodgers, Brady and Brees, over this time frame you can absolutely argue "will" their offense to at least being solid regardless of circumstance in most games, but nobody is calling Wentz a QB of that caliber, not yet anyway. I would agree, if he truly was elite, the Eagles would have more points since his return.

I mean, Carson Wentz is really freaking good and really young. Too many people get caught up in the "elite" tier. He's not Rodgers, Brady, or Brees, or 2018 Mahomes, but he's VERY good and has a bright future ahead of him after an MVP caliber 2017 pre-injury. I think that their running game, injury bug, and a few other things are being unfairly put on his shoulders alone. 

Wentz is actually having a solid year just like last year. This Iggle Team is just under performing. There’s still not many QBs I’d take over Carson Wentz if the NFL was doing a fantasy draft. I’d probably go Rodgers, Wilson, and then Wentz. Wentz doesn’t have Andy Reid or Sean McVay, the two biggest offensive genius’s in the NFL. And his overall offense is pretty average talent wise. 

Still can’t believe Cowboy fans were saying Prescott was miles better than Wentz during 2016, and if you claimed Wentz will be better, had more potential, or this is one season and to calm down, the same 6-7 Cowboy fans would basically destroy the thread claiming Wentz is garbage, can never ever possibly be better than Dak (this forum always focuses way to much on one season), and that you’re dumb for even suggesting he could be better in the future.

Oh boy Cowboy fans were cringe in 2016..

It's over, Carson. K?

Nah, he's a good QB. Last year wasn't a fluke. He's here to stay.

Some poor decision in the RZ this year. Heard PHI are 31st in RZ 3rd down completions (and TDs?). There was an open receiver on a 3 and out vs Carolina I noticed which would have moved chains. Last season they were 3rd here.

I'm sure it will come back around

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Wentz has been asked to carry the offense in lieu of a poor run game, and he's done a pretty job. He deserves blame for that final drive sputtering out last Sunday, but overall he has been just as good as he was last year. Offense around him has not been as good, so it's no surprise the team scoring is down. Interestingly his numbers are arguably better than last year's, that is despite coming off a major injury and 2 of his 5 games being played without Alshon. 

"Good QBs will their team to score 30 PPG" is just a ridiculous statement. First, lower the bar a bit, let's say ~24 points, just a hint above league average over the past several years. Then swap out "good" for "elite." The elite QBs, Rodgers, Brady and Brees, over this time frame you can absolutely argue "will" their offense to at least being solid regardless of circumstance in most games, but nobody is calling Wentz a QB of that caliber, not yet anyway. I would agree, if he truly was elite, the Eagles would have more points since his return.

I think Wentz will be in the next generation of elite, HoF QBs, along with Mahomes.  

Archived