2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Until we prove we can stop the ravens run game they still worry me. 

I think the blueprint was shown a towards the end of last season.  5 man line makes things difficult.  They’ll still have some success, but it’s hard to keep up with high powered offenses with ground and pound.

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Until Ben retires I’m not counting out Pitt. He’s still borderline elite. 

Agreed.  I personally doubt they skip a best offensively.  Juju and Moncrief will put up huge numbers this year.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the blueprint was shown a towards the end of last season.  5 man line makes things difficult.  They’ll still have some success, but it’s hard to keep up with high powered offenses with ground and pound.

Agreed.  I personally doubt they skip a best offensively.  Juju and Moncrief will put up huge numbers this year.

As long as wilks follows the chargers game plan how to stop him and doesn’t force his own system we’ll be fine. I think they used an extra safety

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Until Ben retires I’m not counting out Pitt. He’s still borderline elite. 

I agree with you 100%. They are our biggest competition next year. The Ravens won because of gimmicky ****. It will catch up with them next year.

• Like 1

Just looking at stats. Jarvis and Njoku both went off on the Ravens last year. They both had their better games against them. Higgins was even better than them against Baltimore. Our guys have no fear of their defense. Now you’re adding Kareem Hunt and OBJ.

Although I think it’s mostly because of Baker.

Edited by candyman93

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just looking at stats. Jarvis and Njoku both went off on the Ravens last year. They both had their better games against them. Higgins was even better than them against Baltimore. Our guys have no fear of their defense. Now you’re adding Kareem Hunt and OBJ.

Although I think it’s mostly because of Baker.

They have earl Thomas now. That’s someone to fear. 

The Browns look stacked on paper but we have seen "dream teams" fail before, I don't see that happening here but they still have to put it all together. Baker having a full offseason as the QB 1 will make the world of difference. I think they could have made the playoff last year had he started. There are now a lot of mouths to feed but it will be fun to watch.

The Steelers will still be good. Anyone saying otherwise are being silly. Conner jumped in and it was like "Bell who" and they while AB is another level, I think JuJu is ready and they will find him a nice complement. 

The Raven's will always be interesting because I feel they will change thing up this year. Lamar can't just fun and I don't think he will.

Bengals always seem to manage to be better than expected. I won't rule them out because who knows. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Until we prove we can stop the ravens run game they still worry me. 

Ravens run game isn’t anything special. It was unique and different. That’s about it. 

Browns struggled in the first half but handled it just fine in the 2nd half and made their come back. It’s like big time P5 programs playing navy. That option attack is hard to prepare for, you just need to be ready to make the in game adjustments. 

Now you give the division opponents a 2nd crack at that option scheme and it’s not going to be effective. Look what the Chargers did. They completely shut that rushing attack down when they faced the Lamar lead offense a 2nd time. 

Add to the fact their defense lost a lot of talent, that they no longer won’t be able to wear people down. When teams start scoring more, it will force Lamar to be a thrower. Something he currently isn’t and hopefully never becomes 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ACO said:

The Browns look stacked on paper but we have seen "dream teams" fail before, I don't see that happening here but they still have to put it all together. Baker having a full offseason as the QB 1 will make the world of difference. I think they could have made the playoff last year had he started. There are now a lot of mouths to feed but it will be fun to watch.

The Steelers will still be good. Anyone saying otherwise are being silly. Conner jumped in and it was like "Bell who" and they while AB is another level, I think JuJu is ready and they will find him a nice complement. 

The Raven's will always be interesting because I feel they will change thing up this year. Lamar can't just fun and I don't think he will.

Bengals always seem to manage to be better than expected. I won't rule them out because who knows. 

Usually the Steelers fine that next compliment WR and develop them when they have #1 and #2 still on the team. Now #1is gone and #2 is the new #1. Still want to see Juju prove it he can be the AB like WR

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ravens run game isn’t anything special. It was unique and different. That’s about it. 

Browns struggled in the first half but handled it just fine in the 2nd half and made their come back. It’s like big time P5 programs playing navy. That option attack is hard to prepare for, you just need to be ready to make the in game adjustments. 

I think Romo or whoever was in the booth last year said it best, this is a high school offense and you need to stop it by using a high school defense (he mentioned a 5 man DL, which is what we did the second half).

Now you give the division opponents a 2nd crack at that option scheme and it’s not going to be effective. Look what the Chargers did. They completely shut that rushing attack down when they faced the Lamar lead offense a 2nd time. 

The Chargers laid a blueprint. Can Lamar and Co adjust is the question.

Add to the fact their defense lost a lot of talent, that they no longer won’t be able to wear people down. When teams start scoring more, it will force Lamar to be a thrower. Something he currently isn’t and hopefully never becomes 

They lost 3 LB’s, all of whom contributed mightily.  That’s not easily replaced.