2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

*Hot take alert*

He will start at one point and will take over permanently

Wouldn't surprise me. 

Robinson is a boom or bust prospect. He could do well under our top 3 oline coach, both could if the coaching sticks. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wouldn't surprise me. 

Robinson is a boom or bust prospect. He could do well under our top 3 oline coach, both could if the coaching sticks. 

Perfect situation IMO, he is oozing with physical talent, his issues were all technique and strength related, had an off season to get stronger and now has a stud OL coach to coach him up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Perfect situation IMO, he is oozing with physical talent, his issues were all technique and strength related, had an off season to get stronger and now has a stud OL coach to coach him up.

I could see either having a pro bowl type year or pro bowl alternate. 

Solid play, name recognition, browns hype. 

• Like 1

I think we need CB depth but honestly it doesn't concern me all that much. I think Terrance Mitchell is a pretty solid #2 CB who filled it nicely for Ward when Ward was out. TJ Carrie wasn't good but he managed as well. Randall can also fill in from time to time (though it's not the best way to utilize him) especially since we got Murray + Burnett.

Don't get me wrong, it's a need. I just don't know if I'd spend a high draft pick on it unless it was a can't-miss guy. We can fill out our DBs with late/undrafted picks and cheap, prove-it deals to guys in FA with potential. The upgraded D-Line should help out our secondary for sure.

If injury (to Ward) is what you're concerned about when prioritizing our CBs then you should seriously be worried about our O-Line depth.

O-Line, LBs, and DBs in that order for me. I'd also like us to look at some defensive linemen in later rounds or get undrafted high-potential guys as well.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

I think we need CB depth but honestly it doesn't concern me all that much. I think Terrance Mitchell is a pretty solid #2 CB who filled it nicely for Ward when Ward was out. TJ Carrie wasn't good but he managed as well. Randall can also fill in from time to time (though it's not the best way to utilize him) especially since we got Murray + Burnett.

Don't get me wrong, it's a need. I just don't know if I'd spend a high draft pick on it unless it was a can't-miss guy. We can fill out our DBs with late/undrafted picks and cheap, prove-it deals to guys in FA with potential. The upgraded D-Line should help out our secondary for sure.

If injury (to Ward) is what you're concerned about when prioritizing our CBs then you should seriously be worried about our O-Line depth.

O-Line, LBs, and DBs in that order for me. I'd also like us to look at some defensive linemen in later rounds or get undrafted high-potential guys as well.

A good ch takes out d to the next level imo, the question is their going to be one at 49. 

Also corners drop like flies, cant have too many solid players. 

Agree though, I like mitchell as a no.2 and carrie solid in the slot.