2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

It's not my style, but I'm in.

20 years of being on the receiving end of national jokes has come to a head. The league and this forum are not prepared for what's coming if this team meets expectations. Woke that sleeping giant...

• Like 2

*sigh*

*chooses not to post selectively quoted correspondence between Reggie and nug so as to make it sound like one is not really into it but experimenting and the other has been taking it regularly for 20 years like a champ*

*doesn't then quote letsgobrownies with his Chang classroom meme as a response*

*doesn't then accuse letsgobrownies of some sort of intolerance*

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

*sigh*

*chooses not to post selectively quoted correspondence between Reggie and nug so as to make it sound like one is not really into it but experimenting and the other has been taking it regularly for 20 years like a champ*

*doesn't then quote letsgobrownies with his Chang classroom meme as a response*

*doesn't then accuse letsgobrownies of some sort of intolerance*

chang-chew-e1300406603890.gif 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2019 at 2:02 PM, DawgX said:

I love how everyone is calling the Browns overrated on this forum, yet how can we be overrated when nearly everyone thinks we're going to implode and underperform?

It's time for us to pull a Baker and embrace being the heels of the forum.

TURNING HEEL!!!!!

ClumsyInsignificantKingfisher-size_restr

tumblr_oxtfu5todn1uvyu9yo1_540.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.

55 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

It sucks that DJ Montgomery goes down, but the Browns get to "stash" him on injured reserve. I remember Meander from last year's camp. I was pissed when he was released.

They only get a chance to stash him if he clears waviers tho. so you never know. Some reporters thought he played well enough to earn one of the 6 specially with Callaway gone for the first 4’weeks

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They only get a chance to stash him if he clears waviers tho. so you never know. Some reporters thought he played well enough to earn one of the 6 specially with Callaway gone for the first 4’weeks

He won't need to clear waivers. He is immediately assigned to our injured reserve list until the end of the season, unless we release him earlier with an injury settlement. At that point, he would be an unrestricted free agent. Since he landed on IR before the season started - his season is done.

I think the scenario you were envisioning was if we move him to the practice squad. Then you are correct, he must clear waivers before he can be assigned to our practice squad. If another team puts a claim in on him while he is in the waiver process (and they are awarded him) - he must remain on their active 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 or 6 weeks.