2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

31 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I define depth as Drafted or FAS..... 

you don't know if AJ is a scrub? at least Murray, Green, and Good are NFL players... reggie depth guys deserved to play in Canada...Key was a stud in a super bowl....Wilburn is a special teams stud.. this team depth isn't as bad as you think

Key played in a Super Bowl? Or you smoked a super bowl?

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I feel as if Gruden built up the overall depth of the team last offseason... Raiders won't sign as many guys in free agency, typically new coaches to bring in many guys for new system fits...

Except for most those guys are not under contract. Further if you want to juddge depth, look at the STs unit.... that's what the bottom half of the roster is playing and the Raiders STs sucked.

Lastly, you keep trying to talk up Ealy because he played in a Superbowl. He's been cut by several teams now and was a street FA when the Raiders signed him. So maybe he's not any good. 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Except for most those guys are not under contract. Further if you want to juddge depth, look at the STs unit.... that's what the bottom half of the roster is playing and the Raiders STs sucked.

Lastly, you keep trying to talk up Ealy because he played in a Superbowl. He's been cut by several teams now and was a street FA when the Raiders signed him. So maybe he's not any good. 

To be fair, I did think Dwyane Harris played well and should stick around. But thank god we have 11 draft picks and a **** ton of cap space once we make the right cuts. We'll need to add some talent(ed depth) to this roster. The scouts being on edge will help for sure.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

To be fair, I did think Dwyane Harris played well and should stick around. But thank god we have 11 draft picks and a **** ton of cap space once we make the right cuts. We'll need to add some talent(ed depth) to this roster. The scouts being on edge will help for sure.

Harris is a STs ace. He wasn't a problem. The unit as a whole, was awful which is signals poor roster depth.

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm guessing we roll with Miller at LT and Parker at RT, but man there are a couple good RT expected to hit FA this year in Juwan James and Daryl Williams.

Would be major upgrades for us but again, I doubt we look at them unfortunately. 

Juwan james id take at RT. Use parker as backup.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm guessing we roll with Miller at LT and Parker at RT, but man there are a couple good RT expected to hit FA this year in Juwan James and Daryl Williams.

Would be major upgrades for us but again, I doubt we look at them unfortunately. 

Massey just got 8 million a year from the Bears. He's an average RT. The FA money is going to put out of control for a decent OT

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Massey just got 8 million a year from the Bears. He's an average RT. The FA money is going to put out of control for a decent OT

I want a vet RT or a LT so we can kick Miller to the right.  I think if we have the opportunity to shore up the edges of our O-line then we have to pay or use some high draft picks.  If Jackson or KO are not in our future plans I would have no problem with spending the cap space on Williams or James.  I mocked James to us for 3 years $20 million which might end up being closer to thirty and I think Williams might get closer to $12/year.  I would not mind throwing some cash Trent Brown's way and see if he would sign.  Brown and Miller would be a nice pair of tackles. Draft Ford or Chris Lindstrom in the 2nd and our line would be:

Brown - Jackson - Hudson - Lindstrom/Ford - Miller

That line looks a lot better than last year and the price would only be a few million more than now.  Also Jackson looks a lot better at LG and I believe Miller will be a much better player on the right.  I like KO a lot but believe Jackson is a better deal if his play improves after moving back to LG.

I think I'd try to move KO to right tackle. Shoot maybe even left. I know he doesn't want to play there. But he would probably be a menace at right tackle and serviceable at left. Which is more than we got from the tackle position last year. I get the Miller change may be an issue. But Miller would probably be a cornerstone at rt. Whereas I'm not sold on him at lt. I mean honestly a line of.

K.O. Jackson Hudson Goode/Feli Miller 

Would be leaps and bounds ahead of last years debacle. And that's if you dont upgrade from Goode/Feli

7 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

But I think we can all agree the best move we could make at o line would be a new coach.

Pretty much the only intelligent thing said here. 

Miller was drafted to play LT. They are not moving him, so we need to stop that line of thinking.

I just don’t understand how cable is so bad at getting guys to pass block. I mean I dont see a ton of the games bc unless they are playing primetime, I only see them on redzone. So, I don’t get to see many replays or anything. Point is that from what I saw, it didn’t seem like the issue was with blocking assignments, guys were just getting beat physically. Does he spend more time on run blocking bc the system is more complex? Clearly pass blocking is the greater issue. Usually you spend more time fixing what you aren’t as good at. Just my two cents.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty much the only intelligent thing said here. 

Miller was drafted to play LT. They are not moving him, so we need to stop that line of thinking.

Wow thanks... I think. At least I know I'm not intelligent...or mostly unintelligent. I mean why think that a team would move a guy if they felt there was a better player at that position? But maybe you secretly work for the front office and know what's going to happen. I myself am just guessing. And I'd guess that after a year of ridicule and looking like a fool. Gruden is going to try his best to look competent even if that means moving guys around or cutting them. His ego is literally the thing hurting us and may be the thing that saves us.

Archived