THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Just now, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Albert Beer just said on Cowherd he keeps hearing Matt Campbell of Iowa State’s name come up when talking about the Browns 

How would you all feel about that?

We're officially interviewing a half dozen candidates, and his name hasn't been confirmed anywhere.  He turned down the Jets, but I couldn't tell if that was a snub of the NFL or just the Jets.

Anyway, I'd prefer some NFL experience in my head coach, but he sounds better than some names being thrown around.  A solid "meh".

53 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If you like passing the ball 50 times a game, by all means.

Would like to see what he could do with a legit rusher tho. When Johnson was healthy and was being the bell cow, their offense looked pretty good. He has had nothing as a RB while with the Lions. 

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Would like to see what he could do with a legit rusher tho. When Johnson was healthy and was being the bell cow, their offense looked pretty good. He has had nothing as a RB while with the Lions. 

Even when Johnson was healthy, he never received more than 19 carries in a game.

I think I'd pass on Jim Bob.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Even when Johnson was healthy, he never received more than 19 carries in a game.

I think I'd pass on Jim Bob.

The offense still looked better with a legit back. Johnson wasnt rushing it 20x a game but he was at least touching the ball 20+ with catches and rushes.

JBC is considered a very bright offensive minded coach. If Kitchens isnt the OC because the new HC wants something different, I would want to consider him. He is young, highly respected, and is experienced. A lot of people are shocked he was let guy but some say its because MP wants to hire his own OC. 

Who would you consider some good OC candidates if Kitchen isnt brought back?

To make it clear, I first and foremost want Kitchens brought back. I dont want to replace kitchens for just the hell of it. but if the Browns are forced to hire a new OC because the new HC wants to hire his own guy or whatever, I just want to think of some potential OCs. 

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I've been against McCarthy but I will say the few interviews I heard with insiders said former players love him. Outside of Arod who clearly has his own issues. I'll use that as a plus lol.

A rod dont like his mum. Bad form.

10 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Dan Campbell checks all the boxes for me. Literally the only negative for him is having to wait until the Saints are out of the playoffs.

He’s definitely one of my favorites. Curious as to who he would bring in as OC and DC. 

Archived