Jaguars trade Dante Fowler to Rams

49erurtaza

Smart move by both sides. Most teams never see any return on their draft busts so good for Jags there, wouldn't retain him anyway and they don't really need his services for 8 games in a dead season. Meanwhile Rams get a solid edge rusher which is exactly what they need. Not a lot of edge rushers for sale, and you've already gone all in this year your offseason, so why stop now? Especially when you are fast track to a 1 seed.

12 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I like it for the Rams.

Huge area of need, and their SB window is probably the biggest it'll ever be this season. 

Funny how teams are finally realizing that if you have a good shot at a SB run, then you should be willing to part with mid round picks 100% of the time if it means even improving those odds marginally.

Yea i feel like football has never been like that the way it is in other sports. Injuries cause alot of problems and the whole any given Sunday thing

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I can't be the only one who doesn't think Fowler is very good. Good on the Rams for trying to capitalize on this season, but Fowler isn't anything more than an average-slightly above average pass rusher.

With Donald, Suh, and Brockers, he doesn't need to be great. He just needs to have speed and effort.

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Like the player but not the price.

Really don't care for either.  Honestly, how does Fowler win?  Unless we're just going to line him up in the widest-9-gap that exists, I just don't see much more than 2 maybe 3 sacks rest of season, including playoffs.

If I have to eat those words I'm fully willing, but I genuinely don't see his value... like at all.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

With Donald, Suh, and Brockers, he doesn't need to be great. He just needs to have speed and effort.

He still needs to have handwork (it's essential for any pass-rusher who has to defeat a block) and he really doesn't.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't disagree with it, it is just crazy the amount of talent they've acquired since the league year began back in March. 

Just wish they had signed Vince Young as Goff's backup too. This version of the Dream team might actually work.

Archived