Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Couple very tricky tack holding penalties that came at inopportune times to extend drives for the Rams.  One was against Kenny Clark IIRC.  

You mean the kind of holding calls that go both ways in literally every game played every Sunday?  Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to do better than that to signify "homecooking." (which usually requires either majorly one-sided decision-making all day by the refs or blatantly wrong decision making at markedly pivotal points of the game that totally shift the momentum).

Just now, lancerman said:

Drew Brees is now officially the headliner in the MVP race

He always was.  As they still do, Gurley, Goff, Mahomes, and several others have legit cases, but he's always had the strongest.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

He always was.  As they still do, Gurley, Goff, Mahomes, and several others have legit cases, but he's always had the strongest.

NFL media decided in the offseason, that Brees should have an MVP by now.... and he's totally deserving it, so both pieces are there. 

If it's remotely close between him and Mahomes, they'll give it to Brees... cuz Mahomes has so many years ahead of him to win MVP.

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think itll get to a point where the high scores become a joke like college.

Maybe.  I think more it'll be a case that defensive players and their agents start finding ways to really make their contracts hurt organizations if they're not in a position to earn to their top potential (and that's hard to do when your unit is getting lit up on the scoreboard on the regular).  The only language the NFL owners understand is money, everything else comes secondary.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

it helps that bill vinovich was out of football from 2007-2011. but yes, i'm sure it was his refereeing that did you guys in when you lost 20-30 to the packers, 15-30 to the panthers, 3-27 to the cardinals, and 0-28 to the 49ers. i'm sure with proper refereeing the rams would have won all of those games! 

If you watched that Panthers game, you'd know how bad it was. It was the Bradford torn ACL game, and the dude screwed us at every turn. He also has a history of ejecting our players for questionable reasons. But yeah, it's not weird at all that we lose every game he refs and there are a number of memorable bad calls he made against us. Of course, he could have shut me up today. Except, yet again, he makes an absolutely terrible call in a pivotal moment against the Rams. Even Pereira couldn't justify it.

Archived