• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

whether or not their teams make it beyond the regular season.

So is this your primary parameter for MVP consideration?

58 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think Conner has been more valuable given the circumstances that led him to be a starter in the first place

So you think the narrative of replacing Bell is the difference maker in value that vaults Conner ahead of Gurley?

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

and the way the defense played and the team performed out of the gate.

I'm not sure what the defense has to do with any of this, though. 

I think you're overrating Conner a tad bit and if the Bell story is your primary argument here I'm not buying into the narrative I still think Gurley is more valuable to the Rams, and I'll try and explain why. Simply put, McVay's #1 offense, while a prolific passing attack spear headed by three very talented and reliable receivers, revolves around Todd Gurley. The offensive success, and that of the Rams, relies almost solely on the 11 personnel in which they run, accounting for nearly every offensive snap. It's McVay's bread and butter, and the reason why they are 9-1. What allows McVay to implement this simple scheme that torments defensive coordinators comes back to Gurley's ability to do everything - rushing, receiving threat, and pass blocker - at an extremely high level, again, nearly every snap. He rarely, if ever leaves the field. That, coupled with his huge production, is why I think he deserves a mention in this thread: though it's tough to see him surmount Brees, Mahomes etc.

I just don't see the same thing with Conner. 

Smitty, I think you sort of took my comments completely out of context.

Conner may be the difference maker for Pittsburgh between making the playoffs and not.  I'm not saying that the narrative of Bell makes Conner better than Gurley. I'm  saying that this is a guy no one gave any regard and he vaulted himself into the spotlight with great production.

MVP is about the "imo" value of a player within the organization and how important that is in the grand scheme of the league.  That's what I'm saying, I feel that Conner is a big part of why the Steelers are where they are in the standings.

11 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Luck not even mentioned? We'll see at end of season.

10 sacks in 371 attempts

2nd in TD's

10th in Yards

3rd in attempts

3rd in completions

This after over 500 days without throwing a football. 

He's got Comeback Player of the Year in the bag though.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders will sweep the Chiefs ending Mahomes MVP bid.

As far as I'm concerned, Mahomes' bid was null and void as soon as the news came out that he puts ketchup on his macaroni and cheese and his steak.

#NeverMyMVP

Just now, The LBC said:

As far as I'm concerned, Mahomes' bid was null and void as soon as the news came out that he puts ketchup on his macaroni and cheese and his steak.

#NeverMyMVP

If this is true Mahomes is the most disgusting and vile person on this planet. 

Archived