• Patrick Mahomes
    • Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Mahomes has been my fav QB to watch this season but I still had Brees with slight edge over Mahomes before this game. Main reason being Brees advanced stats were pretty damn good. But after yesterday's game, I'd probably give Mahomes a slight edge. Main reason being consistency. Mahomes has been super consistent throughout the season..Brees had 2-3 below par games. Brees has had 3 games so far this season where his QBR was <50. Mahomes doesn't have a single game where his QBR was <50. Comparison between Mahomes and Brees QBR  -

13 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

what nonsense?

Still, nobody has given me anything compelling as to why Goff shouldn't be in the conversation with Mahomes

Goff doesn't have the stats. It's just the reality of the situation. He doesn't have the bulk stats to jump Brees (like Mahomes) or the efficiency stats to jump Mahomes (like Brees). If he puts up ridiculous numbers over the final 5 games, he might find his way into the race. At this point in time, his numbers aren't flashy enough.

18 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Mahomes has been my fav QB to watch this season but I still had Brees with slight edge over Mahomes before this game. Main reason being Brees advanced stats were pretty damn good. But after yesterday's game, I'd probably give Mahomes a slight edge. Main reason being consistency. Mahomes has been super consistent throughout the season..Brees had 2-3 below par games. Brees has had 3 games so far this season where his QBR was <50. Mahomes doesn't have a single game where his QBR was <50. Comparison between Mahomes and Brees QBR  -

Why should we pay any mind to Total QBR?

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff doesn't have the stats. It's just the reality of the situation. He doesn't have the bulk stats to jump Brees (like Mahomes) or the efficiency stats to jump Mahomes (like Brees). If he puts up ridiculous numbers over the final 5 games, he might find his way into the race. At this point in time, his numbers aren't flashy enough.

I think a lot of people especially the media, pays a lot of mind to taking care of the ball and Goff is being effective on a similar level why throwing fewer picks. He doesn't throw TD's at quite the rate, but he takes care of the ball better. People see that they are both on offenses that are putting up a ton of points, both have similar passer ratings, and both are on teams that are winning. It should be a splitting hairs sort of comparison.

If Mahomes wins on the grounds of volume stats alone, that's messed up. 

On 11/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, El ramster said:
On 11/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Matts4313 said:

For someone who swears he isnt scared of the Saints, you sure are obsessed with rooting for any team playing them. 

Ill see you in the Cowboys forum in a few days. 

LOLOLOL. I'm expecting y'all to lose by 60. Get that sorry arse team out my face.

tenor.gif?itemid=4986506

2 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

what nonsense?

Still, nobody has given me anything compelling as to why Goff shouldn't be in the conversation with Mahomes

I think he should be in the discussion, but as Jrry mentioned, his stats arent' flashy enough. He doesn't have the TD numbers Mahomes has. He doesn't have the cmp% or low INT's Brees has. He does have the most 4th quarter come back wins for a QB this season which you like to see. But if he goes HAM the last 5 games, I can see him being considered as long as the Rams finish 15-1. McVay and Gurley will always detract from what Goff accomplishes. Hunt doesn't steal spotlight from Mahomes. Same for Kamara/Thomas from Brees.

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

And I could make the argument that the Rams would have just countered with 35 points of their own. Fact is that the Rams won. Fact is that Mahomes kept the Chiefs in the game despite the terrible defense. If Saints fans want to blame him for the loss, go for it. You'll notice that it's non-Chiefs fans who are calling out that atrocious logic.

I am literally laughing. 
This is like saying "the hero of the day is the man who rescued the person from the building!........that he set on fire".

6 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I am literally laughing. 
This is like saying "the hero of the day is the man who rescued the person from the building!........that he set on fire".

That's a laughable analogy. Mahomes didn't give up 40 points. The Chiefs didn't lose 14-7. If you want a real analogy, it's like claiming Russell Westbrook "caused" the Thunder to lose this game:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201702110OKC.html

Archived