MNF GDT: Titans vs. Cowboys

dtait93

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

In advertent whistle's like flags should be able to be over turned/picked up.

Dak was a split second from breaking that tackle like Cam, Ben, Wentz, Watson, ect running for a 1st down!! Should of never been blown in the first place.

i agree.

im mostly surprised they would even consider ignoring the whistle

usually refs are pedantic about rules like this

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would like that as well but the reality is, that is not going to happen anytime soon. So what's the next best thing? let them fix their own mistakes.

What if a player gives up on a play because he hears the whistle though, as they should? Maybe it wasn't the case with this play. But you can't have double standards. If the ref makes a mistake and blows a whistle, that play is dead.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Cowboys fans should be pissed that they lost the ball even though whistle blew before any recovery’s 

However, had they not lost the ball, Titans fans would be equally pissed for a premature whistle costing them a turnover.

Awful officiating there.

yeah, pretty much this. once that whistle blew that ridiculously early there was no way to turn that into a good scenario. i'm just glad we came out on the right side of it, lol.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I kind of agree with this, not like guys immediately stop playing at the whistle. That’s more your signal to stop, if you’re around a loose ball, you’re gonna fight for it. It’d be one thing if Cowboy could have made recovery but didn’t because he heard a whistle and stopped playing.

Except when does the play stop then?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

What if a player gives up on a play because he hears the whistle though, as they should? Maybe it wasn't the case with this play. But you can't have double standards. If the ref makes a mistake and blows a whistle, that play is dead.

It would be a double standard, yes.  But on plays in those situations like the one we just saw, where the ref has to make a judgment call and clearly made a mistake.....why be mad at them for fixing it?

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Dog piles will last forever then. 

all the refs blow their whistles then.

if players hear 1 whistle, keep fighting.

if they hear 2, its probably over.

3 or more, stop playing.

even if 3 refs inadvertantly blow their whistles, i doubt they would overturn things so 3 or more is safe

Archived