Week 10 GDT: Chaos in Cleveland

MWil23

This team played spectacularly today, but I need to see them repeat this effort against a defense that isn't as crappy as Atlanta's. I'll admit that the defense really stepped up. I could not believe Carrie managed to stick with Julio as well as he did. In my mind, it had to be the weather, there's no way they could actually be that good...could they?

Honestly, I think it's a combination...but I digress.

Anyways, I liked what I saw from Kitchens, Baker, Chubb, etc. That TD to Higgins was phenomenal. And the coverage was great from what I saw, that could have come against any defense. But I need to see this offense execute as consistently and effectively as they did against Atlanta, while facing a better D. This was incredible for the team's confidence, and it gives them something to buy into going into a Bye week that the team now has the motivation to make the most of. Cincy's D was absolutely TORCHED by New Orleans today, and they're gonna be vulnerable when we come to town...

...Damn good opportunity to make a little run and give the rooks somethin to build on.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This team played spectacularly today, but I need to see them repeat this effort against a defense that isn't as crappy as Atlanta's. I'll admit that the defense really stepped up. I could not believe Carrie managed to stick with Julio as well as he did. In my mind, it had to be the weather, there's no way they could actually be that good...could they?

Honestly, I think it's a combination...but I digress.

Anyways, I liked what I saw from Kitchens, Baker, Chubb, etc. That TD to Higgins was phenomenal. And the coverage was great from what I saw, that could have come against any defense. But I need to see this offense execute as consistently and effectively as they did against Atlanta, while facing a better D. This was incredible for the team's confidence, and it gives them something to buy into going into a Bye week that the team now has the motivation to make the most of. Cincy's D was absolutely TORCHED by New Orleans today, and they're gonna be vulnerable when we come to town...

...Damn good opportunity to make a little run and give the rooks somethin to build on.

I also read AJ Green will. Last likely be out for the Cleveland game. John Ross got hurt and Dre Kirkpatrick had a concussion. They're having a rough time for sure.

The bye never came at a more perfect time. A win over a team in the hunt. An explosive offense. Top 10 QB. A young team needing unity and a complete game performance. They’re going to be able to get healthy and sink there teeth into the next opponent. It’s perfect. Hoping we get on a run. 

I certainly think we’re capable of beating Cinci. At least if that’s the same Browns as we saw today. Watching the Pitt game, it was like comparing apples and unicorns though. I know that was Hueball,  but I need to see how we come out of the bye, in back to back performances. 

Going forward, Baker Is obviously the priority. So, if the offense is in sync the last six games and Baker is playing well, how can we not retain the coaches? If we are winning games. I’m not saying there might not be better coaches out there. But this is the time when our young quarterback will develop into the quarterback he will eventually be. Even if Kitchens and company are a means to an end eventually, Baker’s development is the most important thing these next couple years.  Whether or not a new HC would retain the offensive staff, I can’t answer. It’s also undecided what we will see the last six games. I at least think there needs to be a real conversation of retaining coaches, if this is what we see down the stretch. They’ve basically only been able to undo the damage done by Hue et al also and have not really had significant time to really run the franchise.

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I certainly think we’re capable of beating Cinci. At least if that’s the same Browns as we saw today. Watching the Pitt game, it was like comparing apples and unicorns though. I know that was Hueball,  but I need to see how we come out of the bye, in back to back performances. 

Yeah, I’m somewhat concerned they’ll sht the bed against Cincy after a big win. I hope they stay focused and come out guns blazing.

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Going forward, Baker Is obviously the priority. So, if the offense is in sync the last six games and Baker is playing well, how can we not retain the coaches? If we are winning games. I’m not saying there might not be better coaches out there. But this is the time when our young quarterback will develop into the quarterback he will eventually be. Even if Kitchens and company are a means to an end eventually, Baker’s development is the most important thing these next couple years.  Whether or not a new HC would retain the offensive staff, I can’t answer. It’s also undecided what we will see the last six games. I at least think there needs to be a real conversation of retaining coaches, if this is what we see down the stretch. They’ve basically only been able to undo the damage done by Hue et al also and have not really had significant time to really run the franchise.

Yeah, if Kitchens especially keeps doing what he’s been doing with the offense he’s going to force our hand a bit imo.  74%, 5/1 from a rookie Qb?!?!?! That’s nuts, even if it was the Chiefs and Falcons defenses. 

Greggggg has also been good tbh.  The Chiefs destroyed us, but they’ve done that to everyone. He had a great game plan yesterday defensively and as a HC has cleaned up a lot of the BS and sloppiness.

Beating Atlanta has always been a turning point for the Browns franchise... good or bad.

‘02- Beat Atlanta and make the playoffs first time in forever

‘13- Beat Atlanta and go on an historic stretch of losing

’18- an Beat Atlanta and go on an historic stretch of winning??? MAYBE!!!

Archived