Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If used as a cover 1 he’s going to be another Malik Hooker.

It will be a disaster for their club if he can't bring impact like that kind of player. That's a possible, likely even, Top 10 pick. 

Random, but I remember hearing about Malik Hooker getting 40 picks on the Ohio State scout team. That's just other worldly lol. His medical must have really scared some teams off, because his dropping in the draft doesn't make sense otherwise. 

• Like 1

It's early in the season so I suspect they'll look more dangerous even in a couple of weeks when we see them but man do I feel like I got hooked into the Baker Mayfield and Browns hype this offseason. He looked incredibly ordinary tonight and the only reason his stat line looks respectable is because Odell actually is that good and carried him just like he used to carry Eli. In any case, that's the competition we have for the division now and there's absolutely no excuse for being worse than them. We're better and it's basically up to Harbaugh and Lamar to see that through.

can't see Harbaugh dealing with Ramseys personality.

Fitzpatrick to the Steelers is the kind of reactionary move a coach/GM desperate for immediate success do.
they won't go anywhere with Rudolph and neither with Roethlisberger coming back form major injury at age of 39.

so wise move should have been keeping their 1st rounder which probably is going to be top10 and chose their QBOTF from the talented class of 2020.

25 minutes ago, DR43 said:

With the ravens be interested in Ramsey Or are you all set at corner? Even if you are set I presume nobody secondary go up against the patriots.

Ravens was very interested in Ramsey in the draft. Now they would have to give up at least a 1. round draft pick as well as a big contract. I don't follow our cap that much, but I don't think we are in a position to give out such a contract without some restructuring.

Also, our new GM Eric DeCosta was very clear about how much he hated, that we didn't have a 2. round pick in this years draft (used in the trade for Lamar Jackson), so I find it difficult to see how he would be more willing to part ways with a 1. round pick.

Such an immensely talented player could sway him away for his principles though, that is my guess