Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

eeeeh.

The D hold their last opponents - excluding KC - to a max if 16pts.

its just the same story as during his stint in BMore... he just isn't able to lead an offense that consistently scores 20+

you scored 13pts Joe, may take a look in the mirror dude.

E: its actually 15pts but whatever.

Edited by berlin calling

26 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If Joe had ever developed the ability to make pre-snap reads and audible at the line, I'd have a slight amount of sympathy. But all he can do is run the play that's called.  

This is factually wrong. There have been plenty of reports from coaches and players saying, that Flacco changed plays at LOS.

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

This is factually wrong. There have been plenty of reports from coaches and players saying, that Flacco changed plays at LOS.

I'm not saying he never did it. Who can forget his infamous "CAN CAN" audibles?

But he did it rarely, and when he did it, it wasn't particularly effective (the back shoulder throw to Boldin in the Super Bowl being a nice exception). If he was effective at it, he would have done it more.  

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Joe Flacco is terrible. Has been for many years now. I wish people would stop pretending he's something he's not. He's not a leader, never has been. He's a major reason we were bad in those years and it's not a surprise the Broncos are terrible now with him "leading" their team.

Meh. But his point still stands. You play to win in that scenario. Unless the coach has already been assured of sticking around when they blow things up after this year, you don’t play not to lose, you play to win... or else you probably don’t have a job moving forward.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Meh. But his point still stands. You play to win in that scenario. Unless the coach has already been assured of sticking around when they blow things up after this year, you don’t play not to lose, you play to win... or else you probably don’t have a job moving forward.

Well Flacco was taking from the snap from center. Why didn't he change the play himself? He's calling out the coach for having no balls, when he has all the power once he lines up behind center. Go win the game, Joe, if you feel so strongly about it. 

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I'm just so tired of this "Man Joe really never had a fair shake, he's such a good leader and fiery!" garbage now that he's gone. It's just not true. It never was. I'm so freaking happy we have Lamar and rid ourselves of perennial mediocrity with Flacco and I just wish I never had to hear anything else about him again tbh. Very, very harsh I know but man it's just such a breath of fresh air going from a lifeless QB like Flacco to an electric playmaker like Lamar.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

On another note I’ve officially warmed up entirely to the idea of Ryan Kerrigan. Could ask Washington to take on some of his additional salary and trade a player such as Willie Snead their way. For that give them an increased value in the trade. I’d say offer two 3rds for him and the cap assistance (I’m sure Bisciotti probably could work something in to donate to Daniel Snyder’s charity too 😂)

I’m thinking something like trade for Kerrigan now, sign a cut Calais Campbell in the offseason, and then draft my guy Jacoby Stevens in the first round to play our 2020 version of Adalius Thomas. Resign Marcus Peters. Draft an ILB I round two (maybe Stevens teammate Jacob Phillips) and boom we’re looking at a defense that rivals the 2006 defense.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

On another note I’ve officially warmed up entirely to the idea of Ryan Kerrigan. Could ask Washington to take on some of his additional salary and trade a player such as Willie Snead their way. For that give them an increased value in the trade. I’d say offer two 3rds for him and the cap assistance (I’m sure Bisciotti probably could work something in to donate to Daniel Snyder’s charity too 😂)

I’m thinking something like trade for Kerrigan now, sign a cut Calais Campbell in the offseason, and then draft my guy Jacoby Stevens in the first round to play our 2020 version of Adalius Thomas. Resign Marcus Peters. Draft an ILB I round two (maybe Stevens teammate Jacob Phillips) and boom we’re looking at a defense that rivals the 2006 defense.

Kerrigan is having a down year also - the first he ever had since he was a rookie. I don't know how much he has been injured, but I always like what I see from him in all aspects of the game and he could be an underrated signing that could easily be solid for 3-4 years.

Calais Campbell would just make too much sense. 

Will take a look at Stevens and Phillips, but I am still hoping for an oline early next year. I will keep pounding that until we do it and get Yandas heir