Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

11 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

I see your Lee Evans dropped pass and I raise you a Billy Cundiff missed field goal

I’ll take the Lee Evans dropped pass over the missed field goal, for two reasons:

1. Cundiff’s miss led to Tucker, arguably with Vinny the GOAT kicker. Evans drop didn’t lead us to the GOAT WR. Admittedly this reason is using hindsight bias. At the time getting Cundiff’d was a tragedy.

2. The real reason. With Cundiff making that field goal, it was only sending that game into overtime. It’s not as if we had the mile high miracle and a surging defense to pull us through. It’s very possible (if not likely) we would’ve gotten into overtime and loss that game.

However Lee Evans actually caught the ball with 22 seconds left in that game that would’ve put us up by four points, meaning that defense would’ve had to have given up a touchdown to Brady. With a squib kick or a short kick that forces a return it’s very likely we get that down to roughly 17 seconds within the 30. They would’ve needed 70 yards against one of the best defenses we’ve had in franchise history, that had already had Jimmy Smith pick off Tom Brady and Ed Reed usher a key PD on 3rd down the dive before. That’s all but a guaranteed victory if Lee Evans just toe taps that second foot and goes down.

The Patriots would then go on to lose to Eli Manning. Who would’ve won the Flacco/Manning bowl? With the reigning DPOY in Suggs, who was always a playoff monster, Ed Reed patrolling the secondary, Lewis and Ngata controlling the run, and I like our chances. Then we had one more cost controlled year with Flacco in 2012 trying to prove he’s worth “elite” QB money and who knows what happens. Maybe Ray retired prior to that season and the adversity crumbles the team... or maybe it doesn’t. Maybe we have three rings right now as a franchise. We’ll never know though because of Lee Evans.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Man, after watching this Sunday night game. If we don't smash Philly into the ground on Sunday, something is off with our group. Philly is awful. 

That's the (likely) division leader you're talking about 🤣

11 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I thought we play them next week but it's the week after. Either way, should be a statement game. 

Philly is one of two places the Ravens have never won in our history, too.

Philly + Minnesota.

We've just always played poorly up there for whatever reason...here's to hoping that streak ends.

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Philly is one of two places the Ravens have never won in our history, too.

Philly + Minnesota.

We've just always played poorly up there for whatever reason...here's to hoping that streak ends.

I’m beginning to think Andy Reid just destroys this franchise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Well, if you look back. We almost caused him to lose his job when we smashed him and McNabb. 37-6. Andy benched McNabb at half time. 

So not all bad. Lol

08 yea, I was there that game. Not only did we get McNabb benched, but we ended Kevin Kolb's career before it got started. They nope'd right back to McNabb,

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

08 yea, I was there that game. Not only did we get McNabb benched, but we ended Kevin Kolb's career before it got started. They nope'd right back to McNabb,

Do you remember a time where a lot of us Ravens fans though Kevin Kolb would be a great fit with the Ravens? I was one of them LOL

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Do you remember a time where a lot of us Ravens fans though Kevin Kolb would be a great fit with the Ravens? I was one of them LOL

Nah, 2008 was the first draft that I actually had any semblance of pre-draft opinions. And I wanted us to give up the farm for Matt Ryan, and if not wanted Leodis McKelvin.