Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

20 minutes ago, santiagomn8 said:

I miss Zadarius Smith that’s it that’s the post

Fun hypothetical... every player in the NFL reverts to the team that they were drafted to/started with... are we better or worse?

Key losses:

Marcus Peters
Calais Campbell
Mark Ingram
LJ Fort
Willie Snead
Derek Wolfe
DJ Fluker

Key additions:

Za'Darius Smith
Ryan Jensen (a good center)
CJ Mosley (no way he opts out if he was a Raven)
Michael Pierce (maybe he still does)
JuiceCheck
Darious Williams (who has quietly developed into a very good slot corner for the Rams)
Tim Patrick (would be an upgrade on Boykin as the big target, TBH)
Ricky Wagner
KO
Hayden Hurst (but I guess we have to give up Dobbins to count this?)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some names on both lists, but it'd be a nice debate I think.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Fun hypothetical... every player in the NFL reverts to the team that they were drafted to/started with... are we better or worse?

Key losses:

Marcus Peters
Calais Campbell
Mark Ingram
LJ Fort
Willie Snead
Derek Wolfe
DJ Fluker

Key additions:

Za'Darius Smith
JuiceCheck
Darious Williams (who has quietly developed into a very good slot corner for the Rams)
Ricky Wagner
KO

I'm sure I'm forgetting some names on both lists, but it'd be a nice debate I think.

Don't forget we get Flacco back too 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Key losses:

Marcus Peters
Calais Campbell
Mark Ingram
LJ Fort
Willie Snead
Derek Wolfe
DJ Fluker

Key additions:

Za'Darius Smith
JuiceCheck
Ricky Wagner
KO

Don’t see the debate. IMO quite easily we’d be a worse team. Peters and Campbell have elite skill sets that the others can’t competently replace. Smith might be the closest, but those PDs plus the added pressures that Campbell provide, id take him over Pierce (who’s probably sitting at home weighting 600 lbs right about now) and Smith... assuming age isn’t a factor and it’s just for a season.

Beyond that there’s a lot of redundancy in players that left vs what we now have. I’m not trading Queen for Mosley as our 3rd down LB, even if Mosley might be more experienced. He got to be too slow and at no point in his career was he as explosive as Queen. Outside of injury (knock on wood), Queen is an easy bet as a jersey to pick up and not be embarrassed a few years later because they were cut or traded or something. I think he ends his Ravens career ahead of Mosley in production, notoriety, and length.

Smith, Williams, and KO are the only ones of these I wish we could get back. Though I doubt KO wants to reunite.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Nah, 2008 was the first draft that I actually had any semblance of pre-draft opinions. And I wanted us to give up the farm for Matt Ryan, and if not wanted Leodis McKelvin.

I was so high on McKelvin as well. My body was also more than ready to go into the season with Troy Smith at QB. I also wanted Phillip Merling as well, Calais Campbell, Ray Rice, Carl Nicks, Jordan Dizon, and Kory Lichtensteiner as far as I can recall on the top of my head.

That is a mix of pro bowlers and huge busts

Pretty much my biggest gripe with the schedule is actually gonna play out

Us playing all 3 of our division home games/Chiefs game early in the year with no fans, while all 3 of our division road games later in the season will have fans...won’t be surprised if they’re at 25%-50% come those road division games in late November and December 

Smh seems fair

Edited by Ray Reed

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Us playing all 3 of our division home games/Chiefs game early in the year with no fans, while all 3 of our division road games later in the season will have fans...won’t be surprised if they’re at 25%-50% come those road division games in late November and December 

Smh seems fair

Not trying to get political with this comment, but opening up the stadium to fans in the winter months when cold and (normal) flu season is already rampant. Smart.

46 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not trying to get politic with this comment, but opening up the stadium to fans in the winter months when cold and (normal) flu season is already rampant. Smart.

Unfortunately, this may be the most political comment I've ever seen on this site. I'll be recommending you for a perma ban to Webby post haste. You better have one hell of a defense prepared. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Smh seems fair

Florida just announced that the Dolphins can now have max capacity at their stadium. So we'll also see fans in Jacksonville in week 15 (if we make it that far, which is a long shot at this point).

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30062795/baltimore-qb-lamar-jackson-not-happy-ravens-passing-offense

Kind of a dumb article.

First of all, the substance of Lamar's comment is more that he thinks HE can do better, not that he's unhappy with role, play calling, etc., which the headline seems like it's trying to imply a bit.

"No, I'm not happy because I would like to connect with my guys on those passes," Jackson said Wednesday. "I feel like there are a lot of yards and touchdowns we've been leaving on the field when we don't connect. That's probably why our passing isn't where it's supposed to be. But I feel it's early in the season."

Second, this is such a simplistic view of how to evaluate offense. I honestly thought we were past this as a football-watching society. Lamar's YPA, for example, is exactly where it was for the whole of last season at 7.8. By comparison, the Jets (cited below) have a team YPA of 5.8. Cleveland, who is next on the list raw/total yards per game is at 6.6 YPA. Ravens passing attack has actually been pretty efficient on low volume.

The Ravens have averaged 180.8 yards passing; only the New York Jets (179.5) are worse. This is a decrease from 2019, when Baltimore finished 27th in passing (201.6).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We've waived Geno Stone 

Brandon Carr incoming? 

Could be to sign Dorsey to the main roster. I believe they can't call him up and have him revert to the p squad.

Edited by M.10.E