Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

47 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Two Ravens.

Yeah Bozeman has certainly been improved this season. Outside of a few plays that I didn’t like (which is the case with most OL); not elite or anything, but I’d probably have him somewhere in that above average to good level vs the mediocre to above average level from last season.

Still I’m in team upgrade the center spot. I want an unquestioned elite dude in the interior if one is available. I feel with him, we’ve got enough with Bozeman as a quality Jason Brown/Ben Grubbs (with the Ravens) level IOL. Not on that Kelechi or Yanda level, but certainly above replaceable. At RG we’ll see how Philips adjusts, still far too early to make judgements there, could be something we want to upgrade, but more likely with more experience he could perhaps grow into a mid grade version of Kelechi Osemele (with hopefully better durability).

Though this all based on the assumption we resign Stanley, which might not be a guarantee.

I think Bozeman has played very well in two games, and he has especially been effective as a puller. I hope he can continue to build, but I am once again in the get an OL mode for the next draft.

Quincy Roche would be a dream, but he already seem to play his way out of our draft position. Kari Vincent as well is an early favorite, but Creed Humphrey could be a guy well suited for us.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Danand said:

I think Bozeman has played very well in two games, and he has especially been effective as a puller. I hope he can continue to build, but I am once again in the get an OL mode for the next draft.

Quincy Roche would be a dream, but he already seem to play his way out of our draft position. Kari Vincent as well is an early favorite, but Creed Humphrey could be a guy well suited for us.

Yup. On board with Creed... just hope this doesn’t end up like another Tyler Biadasz situation where I’m excited for us to get a shot at a center I see as a potential guy and we pass. Though tbf the durability element I’m sure plays a big part. Hopefully Creed doesn’t have some sort of unforeseen craziness going on with his body via injury tolls. 

Pretty crazy that people in NFL Gen are really dropping the Ravens 5-10 spots for losing to the Chiefs by only 14 points. They played probably the best game they can play and won by 2 scores... and they’re an elite team.

When the Ravens were playing average squads they were blowing them out of the water. I might question this teams long term (read: superbowl) viability as currently constructed, but this team is certainly now seemingly fallen back into the underrated category... which is fine by me. Throughout it it’s history the Ravens have typically thrived more in that underdog role. So let’s do it!

• Like 1

To be fair, the Chiefs just wanted to get over with the game in the 2. half. Atleast thats what it felt like. The two score difference doesn't reflect what happened on the field. Once the Ravens scored making it a one score game, the Chiefs just went down the field for a score. They did what they wanted to.

I have listened to podcasts and when they are all basically saying the same - outschemed on defense, Mahomes being the best version of himself, Ravens WR/TE dropping balls left and right and the oline struggling, I don't have a worry connected to one unit/position.

Its more of a mentality thing, and Lamar deserves some scrutiny, although I think it is wrong to pin it on him when the entire team around him collapses. It feels like he shows up, not the best version of him, but he is fighting but there is just not cohesion around him.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

To be fair, the Chiefs just wanted to get over with the game in the 2. half. Atleast thats what it felt like. The two score difference doesn't reflect what happened on the field. Once the Ravens scored making it a one score game, the Chiefs just went down the field for a score. They did what they wanted to.

I have listened to podcasts and when they are all basically saying the same - outschemed on defense, Mahomes being the best version of himself, Ravens WR/TE dropping balls left and right and the oline struggling, I don't have a worry connected to one unit/position.

Its more of a mentality thing, and Lamar deserves some scrutiny, although I think it is wrong to pin it on him when the entire team around him collapses. It feels like he shows up, not the best version of him, but he is fighting but there is just not cohesion around him.

I don’t know. The Chiefs tend to do that regardless of the teams they play. They got stretches. They got sloppy and we forced a turnover, our defense also forced a turnover on downs... I don’t think they were just taking it easy there. They were trying to kill the clock because they are smart enough to know that we’ve got an explosive offense that if it ever figured itself out has been known to score what 14 points in less than 2 minutes.

The reason 14 points felt like 21 was because of the special teams return. It almost feels like it doesn’t count considering how our offense and defense both had it handed to them.  

32 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t know. The Chiefs tend to do that regardless of the teams they play. They got stretches. They got sloppy and we forced a turnover, our defense also forced a turnover on downs... I don’t think they were just taking it easy there. They were trying to kill the clock because they are smart enough to know that we’ve got an explosive offense that if it ever figured itself out has been known to score what 14 points in less than 2 minutes.

The reason 14 points felt like 21 was because of the special teams return. It almost feels like it doesn’t count considering how our offense and defense both had it handed to them.  

Special teams only comes into consideration once someone wants to take something away from a unit/QB. Joe Flacco only won in Denver and in the Super Bowl because of the returns. Cam Newton only won MVP because he had such good field position over and over again (it was also an evidence that he and the offense produced less yards than other teams).

Funny though is that Mahomes comeback against the Texans doesn't have that narrative, although it came first off a great return, then a forced fumble in the return in the redzone and a 4th down stop on a fake punt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danand said:

I mean, you could say the same thing about the Ravens when they're running 8 minute drives in their victories as well

4 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

If you count that...

I'm assuming he was already counting last year's playoff loss though, as he had the record at 9-4 (13 total games)...Harbaugh's only coached 12 regular season games after a bye so far. I assumed the Titans L in the playoffs was added so I added the Texans win in the playoffs as well to get us to a completely comprehensive 10-4.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1