Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

15 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

10-5 if you also count last years playoff debacle

Na, look at my post above...i was counting that...and actually everyone's wrong about the record so far in here anyway lol apparently that 9-4 stat that was posted in the thread was against the spread, not overall W-L's...

We're 11-3 lifetime in games after a bye under Harbaugh, including last year's TEN loss and the playoff win against Hou in 2011.

Very good.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

how is that even possible. its like a black hole sucking great potential players into neverland. look at those picks on the front 7. should rival 49ers 2017ff.

they pick top 10ish every other year somehow you got to hit on a player accidentaly. is it buh bye on Youngs all pro career already 😥

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Random fact. 

7 years ago yesterday. Ravens traded for Eugene Monroe. Worst trade in Ravens history? 

Not really. The trade was solid for the player he was at the position he was, even for a short time. The contract was bad, he was done once he cashed the check.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Random fact. 

7 years ago yesterday. Ravens traded for Eugene Monroe. Worst trade in Ravens history? 

Nope. Monroe was traded for only a 4th and 5th round pick. Prior to his arrival he played in something like 63/65 games.

Immediately after his arrival mid season he replaced Bryant McKinnie who was back to being the lazy turnstile he was when he couldn’t control his eating. This allowed the Ravens to keep Michael Oher on the right side of the OL. Monroe also graded that season by PFF as our highest graded player on offense by far.

Now considering the year that wasn’t all that impressive but he did our score Yanda that season. I remember in the games he played he actually performed similarly to current Stanley in pass pro, he just wasn’t quite as good in run blocking.

It wasn’t until following that year when we signed him to an extension that he got hurt and decided he wanted to self medicate and could never get healthy.

But considering the picks spent and the quality of his performance for at least one season, I’d say the value was roughly similar in compensation. I’d have to think of some other trades but if we’re considering draft day trades than I’d definitely have to think something tops this trade.

Boldin to the Lions was mentioned as well. Have to imagine there were other moves that didn’t pan out. But perhaps I’m misremembering and even with how decent Monroe was for us the first season, there’s really few bad deals to “beat it out”... assuming we’re only considering players traded for or away (because definitely draft day trades would easily top this, like Kyle Boller).

Edited by diamondbull424

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Not really. The trade was solid for the player he was at the position he was, even for a short time. The contract was bad, he was done once he cashed the check.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Anquan Boldin.

Yeah in terms of player trades this one should definitely be up there. But after further investigation I think we can all agree the real answer to this question is another WR, Lee Evans.

I mean if only he could’ve caught that catch against the Patriots in 2011, he would’ve been worth his weight... though perhaps this was the best trade ever since without that moment, Cundiff never goes wide left and perhaps we never target and acquire Justin Tucker only months later. But maybe not, perhaps Tucker would’ve been a stash kicker like Vedvick until the inevitable moment for Cundiff to massively disappoint some other time. And perhaps the Ravens would’ve strung off 2 SBs in back to back years.

So yeah, Lee Evans is the worst.

• Like 1

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah in terms of player trades this one should definitely be up there. But after further investigation I think we can all agree the real answer to this question is another WR, Lee Evans.

Yea, that's the right answer. I remember him being considered a significant acquisition, but he did nothing for us except the worst play in our history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, that's the right answer. I remember him being considered a significant acquisition, but he did nothing for us except the worst play in our history.

I see your Lee Evans dropped pass and I raise you a Billy Cundiff missed field goal

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Anquan Boldin.

I'd agree that's the worst trade where we gave someone away. I was so annoyed when that happened. 

Interesting note. looked up a list after of "Worst Ravens Trades" . They had Willis Mcgahee on the list of worst trades? I really thought Mcgahee played decently for us. 

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Nope. Monroe was traded for only a 4th and 5th round pick. Prior to his arrival he played in something like 63/65 games.

Immediately after his arrival mid season he replaced Bryant McKinnie who was back to being the lazy turnstile he was when he couldn’t control his eating. This allowed the Ravens to keep Michael Oher on the right side of the OL. Monroe also graded that season by PFF as our highest graded player on offense by far.

Now considering the year that wasn’t all that impressive but he did our score Yanda that season. I remember in the games he played he actually performed similarly to current Stanley in pass pro, he just wasn’t quite as good in run blocking.

It wasn’t until following that year when we signed him to an extension that he got hurt and decided he wanted to self medicate and could never get healthy.

But considering the picks spent and the quality of his performance for at least one season, I’d say the value was roughly similar in compensation. I’d have to think of some other trades but if we’re considering draft day trades than I’d definitely have to think something tops this trade.

Boldin to the Lions was mentioned as well. Have to imagine there were other moves that didn’t pan out. But perhaps I’m misremembering and even with how decent Monroe was for us the first season, there’s really few bad deals to “beat it out”... assuming we’re only considering players traded for or away (because definitely draft day trades would easily top this, like Kyle Boller).

Man, I always love your thoughtful and well worded replies. 

I mostly remember the Monroe Ravens breakup and how absolutely brutal it was. Maybe that just sticks out in my mind. He basically just mentally checked out. 

• Like 1