Report: John Harbaugh, Ravens Set for 'Mutual Parting of Ways' After 2018

DigInBoys

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hue as OC?

I'm down for that. Just not with Marvin as HC.

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The Ravens will have many 5-11 seasons ahead.

As long as DeCosta is able to draft better than Ozzie has since 2013 (which is a VERY low bar to hit), we could win 8-9 games with a cardboard cutout of a coach as the actual head coach.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Ravens actually had a clause with the NFL that since they are the original Cleveland Browns, they can take the new Browns roster any time they wish up to one time. They will be trading rosters in the off season.

In exchange for all Lombardi trophies that they have.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Harbs wont be out of work long.  Wont be shocked if he ends up in Tampa or even Cleveland.

As far as the Ravens....probably for the best.   They are spinning tires, and they need fresh minds.   Next year, they'll have a new GM, head coach and starting QB.   

Whoever takes over at head coach should be in a pretty decent position.   They have talent around the roster.   

He's going to be the 2019 version of John Fox in 2011 and Andy Reid in 2013, probably doesn't spend more than 30 days between jobs.  Jury will be out on which of the two his path afterward follows.

54 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He's going to be the 2019 version of John Fox in 2011 and Andy Reid in 2013, probably doesn't spend more than 30 days between jobs.  Jury will be out on which of the two his path afterward follows.

Well Andy Reid actually has a scheme that he brings with him to teams, Harbaugh just has....good looks?

12 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think John Harbaugh's style is better suited for a big time college program than he is the NFL anyways - he's much more a CEO/manager type than an X's and O's person. If you put him at an underachieving blue blood like USC he'll turn them into a powerhouse before long. 

Exactly.  If you install him at a major college program, he's probably going to solidify that for years as pieces move around him.  It's not that he can't, or wouldn't get a plethora of NFL offers...it's probably just more about doing like his brother and finding his zen.  NCAA ball is a different game, where his strengths as a coach could put him at a constant talent advantage vs a lot of opponents.  The same is never true of ANY coaching gig in the NFL.

I honestly believe he already has an offer in his back pocket. I understand why the Ravens are ready for new blood but I also respect him as a coach. He’ll be unemployed only as long as he wants to be. The offers are either already made by an NCAA team or would be as soon as this becomes official. 

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No, apparently we're getting Marvin Lewis :(

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm down for that. Just not with Marvin as HC.

As long as DeCosta is able to draft better than Ozzie has since 2013 (which is a VERY low bar to hit), we could win 8-9 games with a cardboard cutout of a coach as the actual head coach.

Well which one is it?

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well which one is it?

Yeah i mean, it's incredible hard to even win 8 games in the NFL.  I think Harbaugh is actually probably a pretty good HC, given the personnel he's had to work with on offense the last few years.  I'd swap him with ol' Marv straight up.

But instead we're getting Hue :(

Wild prediction - Ray Lewis comes in to coach. All film study is replaced by watching highlight reels of Ray leveling Eddie George in the hole during that epic AFCCG (from every concievable angle). Ray becomes the first HC to play snaps on ST as a gunner. He also becomes the first HC to drop an album that he recorded during games (that seems like a Ray thing to do). Patrolling the sidelines wearing a white fur coat with the sleeves cut off, Ray goes 12-4 as a HC; but he is eventually suspended for life after placing a bounty on Baker Mayfield... then collecting said bounty by spearing Mayfield after the post game handshake.

(Mayfield misses a game, but comes back the following weekend to drop 3 TDs and a very gratuitous crotch chop on the Bengals).

Archived