2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Everyone wants new things, that's easy. Clay happens to be a guy I'd really like to have back versus some of other current free agents.

Clay is so much easier to accept once we have two clear OLB starters.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Truer words have never been spoken. I’d tell him to wait until after the draft, if we don’t draft a Devin...welcome him back for a year at ILB.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Given our hole at ILB with Morrison cut, he would fill that need and provide EDGE depth. Still has that fire too. That being said, still think a team out West will offer him more $$.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Given our hole at ILB with Morrison cut, he would fill that need and provide EDGE depth. Still has that fire too. That being said, still think a team out West will offer him more $$.

I missed us cutting Morrison. No big deal but I would have kept him around longer yet

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If that was going to happen, I think it would've happened by now. JMO.

50 minutes ago, SSG said:

Not a fan.  He looked done last year.  His blocking has fallen off and he looked like he had no business being on a field running routes.  We continue to aim at having the oldest TE group in the NFL and it isn't the answer. 

Would have rather invested that money into a starter on the DL or in the secondary. 

Yeah that 900k would've bought us a great starter.

If i'm correct the Rams has less cap space than we do.

If Matthews wants to play on the west coast his best bet is either Seattle or San Francisco in the Bruce Irvin role. Both teams have enough cap space to make moves.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I missed us cutting Morrison. No big deal but I would have kept him around longer yet

The positions in play.....undergoing some kind of remake. We could bring Morrison back for less. Apparently a big consideration in cutting him was the 2M he was due to collect this year. Perhaps he dies on the FA market and comes back for less. But is seems we're in a developmental stage with the position.

Martinez - solid. He's gonna be on the field. Ryan? Who knows.
Then we've got a Safety pretending to be an LB (Burks) or a Safety we want(ed) to bring down in the box (Jones) - but it didnt work out. I'd like a really dynamic ILB out there - but its not a concept this team / D is moving towards.

I think the Packers look for a #2 WR in free agency. I don't think Allison is a #2 yet so obviously a Golden Tate or Chris Hogan or even Breshard Perriman might be worth a 2 year deal. I do expect TE may be their high Round 1 pick with WR or, more likley, OL their Round 1 second pick. 

4 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I think the Packers look for a #2 WR in free agency. I don't think Allison is a #2 yet so obviously a Golden Tate or Chris Hogan or even Breshard Perriman might be worth a 2 year deal. I do expect TE may be their high Round 1 pick with WR or, more likley, OL their Round 1 second pick. 

Are Chris Hogan and perriman better than year 2 MVS and ESB?

5 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I think the Packers look for a #2 WR in free agency. I don't think Allison is a #2 yet so obviously a Chris Hogan or even Breshard Perriman might be worth a 2 year deal. 

Yuck. The receivers are fine as is, especially if a TE is added early like expected. 

1 hour ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

The amount of Bears fans saying HHCD would be a major upgrade over Amos is shocking to me. Do we put the homer blinders on that bad too?

No... grass is always greener. A “safe” safety like Amos isn’t sexy. If you have it you always feel like you can do better, more so on a great defense.

For packer fans, we just want a guy that won’t embarrass us on the back end. Forget playmaking let’s figure out not giving up chunk plays first. That’s why Amos is attractive. Might be boring... but at this point we want boring. Alexander can be the excitement in the secondary.

Chicago and their fans likely feel like they have that covered... so Haha represents an upgrade in playmaking ability at the position. Jackson will be the man and Haha can just roam and use his ability.

At least thats my assumption of the thinking.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Not a fan.  He looked done last year.  His blocking has fallen off and he looked like he had no business being on a field running routes.  We continue to aim at having the oldest TE group in the NFL and it isn't the answer. 

Would have rather invested that money into a starter on the DL or in the secondary. 

My hot take: Red herring to keep teams from trading ahead of our trade-down to snag the TE we want with our first pick. After that he can collect his parting gifts at the receptionist's desk.

Archived