2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, packfanfb said:

IMO Ogbah compares more to Z than Preston. Like Z, Ogbah probably slides inside in sub-packages Preston is more of a true EDGE. I think you'll see Z and a guy like Ogbah play a good mix of "hand down vs. hand up" while Preston will be mostly "hand up." 

Good insight. Part of my thinking about wanting Burns is this "slide inside" idea. I'd read Z was good at it.....wasnt sure about Preston or Ogbah - but the concept is rather than taking one of them out - you slide him inside and bring the heat from the outside.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Good insight. Part of my thinking about wanting Burns is this "slide inside" idea. I'd read Z was good at it.....wasnt sure about Preston or Ogbah - but the concept is rather than taking one of them out - you slide him inside and bring the heat from the outside.

Bingo. A pass rush front of P. Smith -- Clark/Daniels - Za'Darius - Burns has the potential to be one of the best in the league. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bingo. A pass rush front of P. Smith -- Clark/Daniels - Za'Darius - Burns has the potential to be one of the best in the league. 

That's kinda my goal (or thinking) when I say I have positions I'd like to fill. Problem is - I suspect GB is gonna be satisfied with the FAs and stop there till later round talent shows up. Just a hunch.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's kinda my goal (or thinking) when I say I have positions I'd like to fill. Problem is - I suspect GB is gonna be satisfied with the FAs and stop there till later round talent shows up. Just a hunch.

I think you'll see us grab either an EDGE of D-lineman if one drops to us at 12. If we fix our pass rush, we are a top 10 defense. 

BTW, Z. Smith is going to drop down inside in passing situations and rush from the middle. My guess is Clark gets a rest and at this point Fackrell will be the guy opposite P. Smith. That is not super imposing IMO. 

Another elite EDGE rusher would make it imposing. 

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You're forgetting 2018 Packers leading sack artist, Kyler Fackrell. Shame on you

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think you'll see us grab either an EDGE of D-lineman if one drops to us at 12. If we fix our pass rush, we are a top 10 defense. BTW, Z. Smith is going to drop down inside in passing situations and rush from the middle. My guess is Clark gets a rest and at this point Fackrell will be the guy opposite P. Smith. That is not super imposing IMO. Another elite EDGE rusher would make it imposing. 

I tend to agree.....and with all the A). EDGE guys never make it to FA unless you seriously overpay for them - and - B). Top EDGE guys go off the board quick - I'm hoping such a player drops to us at the highest draft slot we've had since who knows when and we nab him to complete that front DL package.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/01/steelers-release-morgan-burnett/

Burnett is officially released by Steelers after they did not get any trade offers. He'd probably come cheaper than T-Will currently is getting paid. Any interest in that market?

I do have a ton of respect for the guy but I would pass on this. I think you draft a single high style safety and also hope J.J. takes a big leap this year. Amos will be playing all over the field.

5 hours ago, SaginawReunion83 said:

I do have a ton of respect for the guy but I would pass on this. I think you draft a single high style safety and also hope J.J. takes a big leap this year. Amos will be playing all over the field.

This right here.  Draft Adderly, put him in center field, and let Amos run around and do his thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol could be at his age but man Burnett had a damn nice  pro day back in the day.

4.42 40, 6.87 3 cone, 39.5 inch vert, etc

i hope he finds a job somewhere, he’s a great dude.

Our new safety is like a 4.58 guy, but Morgan isn't shiny and new so he must be labeled slow and crappy.

Sign me up for 1 more year of Morgan to bridge between now and when our draft pick is ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Our new safety is like a 4.58 guy, but Morgan isn't shiny and new so he must be labeled slow and crappy.

Sign me up for 1 more year of Morgan to bridge between now and when our draft pick is ready.

Yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to it to bolster depth too.  He’d be cheap.