2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to it to bolster depth too.  He’d be cheap.

As of right now, we have about $3m of real cap space when you account for the draft picks. If we are going to sign anyone we need to restructure someone, and the only real candidates are Bakh and Daniels

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Our new safety is like a 4.58 guy, but Morgan isn't shiny and new so he must be labeled slow and crappy.

Sign me up for 1 more year of Morgan to bridge between now and when our draft pick is ready.

I mean, it's not like Pittsburgh is flush with defensive talent.  The fact that they scrapped Morgan Burnett and ate as much dead cap as they did is a red flag for me.  I love what Morgan Burnett did for us, but this is Tramon Williams all over again.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's not like Pittsburgh is flush with defensive talent.  The fact that they scrapped Morgan Burnett and ate as much dead cap as they did is a red flag for me.  I love what Morgan Burnett did for us, but this is Tramon Williams all over again.

They just drafted a round 1 safety, I believe Burnett requested his own release because he didn't like how he was used.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

They just drafted a round 1 safety, I believe Burnett requested his own release because he didn't like how he was used.

Burnett doesn't want to be used in the exact role GB would use him for (dime LB).

6 hours ago, blankman0021 said:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/oren-burks

You know Burks is a helluva athlete right? 

Duh, but why sign an older safety whose been released by his second team when he can't even offer coverage skills already supplied by a LB who hasn't gotten on the field yet?  I was trying to make a distinction about what MB might offer compared to what we have and speed would be one advantage a Safety might have over a LB.  But, Burnett doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Our new safety is like a 4.58 guy, but Morgan isn't shiny and new so he must be labeled slow and crappy.

Sign me up for 1 more year of Morgan to bridge between now and when our draft pick is ready.

You know Amos ran a 4.37 at his pro day?

7 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Duh, but why sign an older safety whose been released by his second team when he can't even offer coverage skills already supplied by a LB who hasn't gotten on the field yet?  I was trying to make a distinction about what MB might offer compared to what we have and speed would be one advantage a Safety might have over a LB.  But, Burnett doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

Because the LB we have doesnt offer those coverage skills or he'd see the field. 

Burnett > Whitehead and Whitehead saw time. I'd be down, I guess, but I'd still want to upgrade.

17 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Good vet presence and somebody who has played the position for a decade can’t be overlooked. That said, I don’t think I bring him in unless you cut TWILL. They’re the same role right now. So either you’re looking for S/CB or S/LB. Pick your poison.

Edited by blankman0021

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

4th Rounder in 2015 , PFF rated him as Above Average, 6' 5" 305.

Recorded career-highs with 44 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles through 16 games and 10 starts last year.

But what about Wilk :( 

18 hours ago, fattlipp said:

You know Amos ran a 4.37 at his pro day?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480380/article/penn-state-safety-boosts-draft-stock-at-pro-day

Dang, I didn't know that. Good find. I wonder how the heck he lasted until the 5th? Maybe everyone read Lance Z's scouting report lol

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/09/adrian-amos-proved-to-be-the-steal-of-the-bears-2015-draft-class/

“Doesn’t display a great sense of urgency in run support. Takes suspect angles against the run from high to low and when lined up near the line of scrimmage. Will throw body at runner, but carries no sting behind pads, sliding down target and finishing tackle near ankles at times.”

18 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

4th Rounder in 2015 , PFF rated him as Above Average, 6' 5" 305.

Recorded career-highs with 44 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles through 16 games and 10 starts last year.

He was inserted into the starting lineup replacing Robert Nkemdiche and was solid. He had 48 tackles, 14 for a loss, which tied Chandler Jones for the most on the team, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.

He is versatile, able to play across the line at the nose, as a three-technique or as a 3-4 defensive end.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/09/nfl-free-agency-rodney-gunter-az-arizona-cardinals/

Maybe Gutey became as demoralized as the rest of us after Oliver's pro day in realizing he likely wont' be there at 12.

Was his 40 faster than Ladarius's? ;)

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1