Andrew Luck, KING OF THE SOUTH. FIRE AND BLOOD.

El Ramster

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

He’s the comeback player of the year on pace for almost 50 TDs. Also get out of my face with that YPA bs.

What I can get on him for is only completing 66% of his passes when he's only throwing it on average 7.2 yards through the air. If you're doing relatively safe throws. Then he should be completing a higher percentage of his passes.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Just about every QB is having a career year this year.  It's just a bad year for defense.

I keep seeing people saying this.

But honestly, there is a HUGE gap between the Saints/Chiefs/Rams offenses and everyone else. I think the offensive firepower of these three teams have skewed the numbers overall. Then you have teams like the Bears and Steelers who score a lot of points, but IMO won't average 30 points at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

But honestly, there is a HUGE gap between the Saints/Chiefs/Rams offenses and everyone else. I think the offensive firepower of these three teams have skewed the numbers overall. Then you have teams like the Bears and Steelers who score a lot of points, but IMO won't average 30 points at the end of the season.

That may be true, but you have several QBs on mediocre or bad teams putting up MVP like numbers.  Like Andrew Luck, or even Rodgers, who everyone is crapping on, but he's actually at 17 TDs 1 INT. Matt Ryan also.  And Cam is at his highest comp% of his career.  Even Derek Carr has a high comp%.  Everyone's comp% seems inflated this year, with multiple guys at 70 and Brees, who's normally at 70, close to 80.  Everyone except Rodgers, who never really has great comp%.

Then there's Rivers, who's also having an MVP year being overshadowed by Mahomes/Brees/Goff/Gurley.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

What I can get on him for is only completing 66% of his passes when he's only throwing it on average 7.2 yards through the air. If you're doing relatively safe throws. Then he should be completing a higher percentage of his passes.

Colts are 3rd in the league with drops at 16. One of his passes yesterday hit his TE right on the numbers only for it to bounce off him and get picked. He’ll still end up close to 70% anyways.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Colts are 3rd in the league with drops at 16. One of his passes yesterday hit his TE right on the numbers only for it to bounce off him and get picked. He’ll still end up close to 70% anyways.

Every team has drops. It's not an excuse. It would make sense that his team is 3rd in the league in drops considering he's tied for 2nd in attempts.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Every team has drops. It's not an excuse. It would make sense that his team is 3rd in the league in drops considering he's tied for 2nd in attempts.

Not really making an excuse just pointing it out. He’s probably going to end up close to 70% anyways.

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Exactly it's just inflation.  You still have the top offenses, average offenses and the worst offenses.  The numbers at each tier are bigger this year but the gap between the best and the worst is the same as it ever was.  When teams are consistently outscoring everybody else with the same ruleset, it's because they're better than everybody else.

If there's one thing head coaches should be taking from this season(and the last superbowl) is the value of aggressive playcalling.  Your quarterback has to be in the mindset of taking risky shots downfield and you have to have some 4th down plays ready.  RIght now the NFL does not reward conservative playcalling.  Even on defense.  I'd rather get burnt on a blitz than give up big yards with everybody out in coverage.

23 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

23 TDs as a rookie isn’t that good. I see. Here I was thinking that’s something that didn’t happen all the time.

Lol... Luck's rookie season only looked good because the Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 by beating up on a total cupcake schedule.  The only win from that season that was actually impressive was the win against Green Bay that came after Pagano got hospitalized.  Luck also threw 18 INTs, completed only 54% of his passes, and still got to throw it 627 times that year because they had no other options offensively.  By comparison, Winston threw 22 TDs to only 15 INTs in just 535 attempts and had a significantly better rookie season statistically.  That's a better example of not getting attention because of putting up numbers and not getting wins.  Luck's rookie year got way too much unwarranted attention for his actual level of play

56 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Lol... Luck's rookie season only looked good because the Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 by beating up on a total cupcake schedule.  The only win from that season that was actually impressive was the win against Green Bay that came after Pagano got hospitalized.  Luck also threw 18 INTs, completed only 54% of his passes, and still got to throw it 627 times that year because they had no other options offensively.  By comparison, Winston threw 22 TDs to only 15 INTs in just 535 attempts and had a significantly better rookie season statistically.  That's a better example of not getting attention because of putting up numbers and not getting wins.  Luck's rookie year got way too much unwarranted attention for his actual level of play

Lmao is your problem with Luck's rookie season that he won too many games?

1 hour ago, rich homie said:

Lmao is your problem with Luck's rookie season that he won too many games?

No, my problem with it is that he had a bunch of high volume stats that didnt suggest any measure of sustainable efficiency,  yet the team got to face the easiest schedule in the league and the wins over poor teams skewed the perception of his play.  I mean the Colts had a 357-387 point differential with an 11-5 record.  Every time they played a good team (outside of the Green Bay game), they got crushed.  Hell they were blown out by the Jets led by Mark Sanchez

Archived