Where will Le'Veon Bell sign in the offseason?

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Wrong. You finally got my initial post right, but do I actually have to quote the very first sentence of your response? You said they have no shot at Bell. They do, if they wanted - which is what I said. 

No, what I said was: "As I said in the other thread, it seems completely illogical to think Philly has any real shot at Bell"

I know I said I wouldn’t indulge their financials with you but I can’t get over the obvious - A) AFAIK, the draft class falls into the top 51 rule, and B) you know Philly can shed $30M with two roster moves, right? 

You are wrong. They need about $9m to sign their draft class. And again, you are still missing the point they only have 35 people under contract for 2019..

Cool. 

I said they have a shot if they want one. You agree. Thanks for the riveting talk.

You are purposely being dense now, so i will move on. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Now that Luck has returned and their OL is respectable,  this would work for bell but:

will the colts fall for the high price RB? They could use that cap on a top CB and then another player, either way the colts would get better.

Houston would be another spot but their OL isn't as good or lets say good at all so I would expect Bell to go to Colts over the texans. 

I don't see bell signing to a team with uncertainty at CB and or OL. 

I understand Mack Hines and Wilkins are performing at a high level

but the mindset moreso is 

if they’re producing on that level imagine what Levon Bell would do behind that O line with Luck 

it would be a big improvement 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No, what I said was: "As I said in the other thread, it seems completely illogical to think Philly has any real shot at Bell"

So do they have a shot at Bell if they want it? Yes. 

Therefore is it logical to believe a fact? Yes.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are wrong. They need about $9m to sign their draft class. And again, you are still missing the point they only have 35 people under contract for 2019..

Where are you getting 35? I see 42. Obviously that will go down, but then Philly won’t be in cap hell anymore.

Assuming those numbers are accurate, that’s tied for 7th most in the league. 

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Who can offer Bell $14M or higher per season? The Steelers already tried to make him the highest paid RB in the NFL, and he was like 'nah I'm good.' 

I mean, a quarter of the league will have over $60M in cap this offseason...and two over $100M (Colts at $123M will need to hit their floor). 

On 2018-11-15 at 1:52 PM, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, a quarter of the league will have over $60M in cap this offseason...and two over $100M (Colts at $123M will need to hit their floor). 

if the colts have another good draft  and with hat much cap, they should a contender next year for sure especially since they can keep luck healthy with his new OL.  

On 11/15/2018 at 6:36 AM, ET80 said:

Ideally, it's addressed in a similar fashion as the Colts did over this past draft - OL after OL with first/second round talent (Greg Little and Michael Deiter could bookend for a good decade together). The Texans have an extra 2nd to boot, so you could add in a G as well.

The only advantage to having such a bad OL is you can literally take the best OL available at those picks and see a significant improvement over the incumbent.

Demaryius Thomas and Will Fuller, too. So, there's a lot to work with...

...this all being said, I wouldn't want to spend the money it would take to bring in Bell. I'd much rather take on guys like Mark Ingram, Tevin Coleman or TJ Yeldon. Yeah, none of these guys are as good as Bell, but the cost difference is significant and the offense is already potent without a high end RB.

If Bell is looking for money, Houston has it - but if Houston is looking to be smart with money, Bell isn't the guy you want.

You could also go even cheaper. Spend a draft pick on a HB, and grab a cheap HB like Malcolm Brown or Spencer Ware.

Archived