You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

27 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't know much about these gentlemen of the CFL.  What do you know about them?

I don't want Derrell Bevell.  It is no coincidence Seattle's offense is better now that he's gone.

CFL guys would get us a lot of 12 men on the field penalties haha

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

For those of you who think hiring a new coach will set back the team and the QB in year 1 or longer, how do you explain Frank Reich, Luck and the Colts?

I'm not even in this discussion, but you can't use one example to disprove that. Especially one where Luck had serious shoulder injuries and surgeries and may have never played again. Give me a break

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

For those of you who think hiring a new coach will set back the team and the QB in year 1 or longer, how do you explain Frank Reich, Luck and the Colts?

Not entirely dissing your thought - but adding some potential caveats.....

First - they're only 6+5 - so its not like they''re setting the world on fire.
Second - outside of HOU, their Division is having down / mediocre years.
Third - their 2018 strength of schedule was ranked 22nd coming in.

You points well taken. Just adding some context to it.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not that I'm in that group necessarily but:

Andrew Luck finally being and staying healthy? A few years of high draft picks to rebuild that disaster of a team?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Andrew Luck finally being and staying healthy? A few years of high draft picks to rebuild that disaster of a team?

Totally. But when 2019 begins has Rodgers et al not been hurt recently ( albeit not as bad as luck)? Will GB not have significant draft capitol for the past 2 years? Free agent $$?

33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just like Rodgers had final say on the QB coach change? Sure. 

Or like when they released Jordy?  I don't think Gute is going to bow to Aaron's wishes.  Gute will build the Packers for the long haul.

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm not even in this discussion, but you can't use one example to disprove that. Especially one where Luck had serious shoulder injuries and surgeries and may have never played again. Give me a break

No one is using one example to disprove anything. Obviously other factors play into it like injuries and new players from the draft and free agency. Just highlighting that a turnaround can be achieved with a new coach. See McVay/Nagy too.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Or like when they released Jordy?  I don't think Gute is going to bow to Aaron's wishes.  Gute will build the Packers for the long haul.

I'm not sure how one can look at the situation and way Gutey has operated so far and come to the conclusion that Gutey is going to kiss the ring of a player he has under contract for likely the rest of his career. He's much more cutthroat than TT.

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Looking for your new head coach? Haha

Fwiw that comment was to bash the Packers organization. Not the browns if ya think about it

Nah I’m like the Packers FO, I mean the Browns FO right now with Dorsey Highsmith and Wolfe lol

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I agree that Gute is not going to bow to Aaron's wishes.

But I don't think Gute's primary goal is to build the Packer's for the long haul. 

I think Gute's focus is building the Packers up to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders, but given the way he has and will be transforming the roster as well as the impending arrival of a new head coach, that likely won't occur until 2020.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Oh Bruno.....errrrr......buno (what the hells a buno?) come on.
You're not seriously gonna take the meager successes the Browns have had this year and actually gonna go out on social media to wreak havoc are you?

I mean seriously.

Look up Losers in Websters Dictionary. Its definition? Cleveland Browns

:)

Man you guys are sensitive...

if I wanna wreck havoc I’d go into the Steelers forum. I just stopped by and was lurking. So a Cleveland pot shot and had to respond. I guess the buttholes are too tight around here for the moment being

lol

34 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not entirely dissing your thought - but adding some potential caveats.....

First - they're only 6+5 - so its not like they''re setting the world on fire.
Second - outside of HOU, their Division is having down / mediocre years.
Third - their 2018 strength of schedule was ranked 22nd coming in.

You points well taken. Just adding some context to it.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'll provide another potentially relevant example. When Mac replaced Sherman comin off a 4-12 season.

That team was devoid of talent from Sherman's as GM and TT and MM led the Packers to an 8-8 record then 13-3 NFC championship game in two years with a HOF QB of similar age to Rodgers. I think the 2019 packers will be significantly more talented than the 2006 Packers.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Man you guys are sensitive...if I wanna wreck havoc I’d go into the Steelers forum. I just stopped by and was lurking. So a Cleveland pot shot and had to respond. I guess the buttholes are too tight around here for the moment being

No, no....just joking around.....and no butthole contraction involved.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I'm sure they will take Aaron's opinion with a grain of salt, but I think Gute makes sure he himself is comfortable with the coach over anyone else. 

Yes. And Gute will choose someone who he will have clear authority over. Anyone in his position would do the same given this year's silos debacle.

Archived