You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Man you guys are sensitive...

if I wanna wreck havoc I’d go into the Steelers forum. I just stopped by and was lurking. So a Cleveland pot shot and had to respond. I guess the buttholes are too tight around here for the moment being

lol

Pretty sure everyone was teasin ya bud

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

For those of you who think hiring a new coach will set back the team and the QB in year 1 or longer, how do you explain Frank Reich, Luck and the Colts?

I don't think anyone here agrees that a new coach next year means a worse record next year...

It's a comparison of how MM would have done in 2019 vs a new coach. Not how MM did in 2018 vs what a different guy does in 2019.

If Rodgers plays like 2016 Rodgers vs 2018 it does not matter who the coach is, our record will be at least a few games better.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think anyone here agrees that a new coach next year means a worse record next year...

It's a comparison of how MM would have done in 2019 vs a new coach. Not how MM did in 2018 vs what a different guy does in 2019.

If Rodgers plays like 2016 Rodgers vs 2018 it does not matter who the coach is, our record will be at least a few games better.

It comes down solely to Rodgers. W/L are really irrelevant because I personally feel that's more tied to Rodgers than the HC anyway. I've never once thought Mac was anything better than an average sideline coach on gameday. His value was always being the head of an explosive offense.

So what it comes down to is quite simply, who's more likely to get Aaron Rodgers to play at an all-pro level in 2019, Mac or a new coach?

Whoever you pick there is who you want to be the HC next year.

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It comes down solely to Rodgers. W/L are really irrelevant because I personally feel that's more tied to Rodgers than the HC anyway. I've never once thought Mac was anything better than an average sideline coach on gameday. His value was always being the head of an explosive offense.

So what it comes down to is quite simply, who's more likely to get Aaron Rodgers to play at an all-pro level in 2019, Mac or a new coach?

I think regardless of who’s HC, offensive staff changes need to happen at OC and QB coach 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think regardless of who’s HC, offensive staff changes need to happen at OC and QB coach 

GB and MM have done that in the past.  Typically it is someone that MM has comfort with and history vs someone that might have some variance in ideas...at least from the outside view.

5 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

Browns fan here. Can you guys get your act together and win out pls. Our offense and QB are doing just fine right now and we don't need extra "help".

You'd be upset replaying the path of the 2006 to present Packers? Sure it sucks right now, but what 9 straight playoff seasons and a SB ring? It's been a great run.

Mac would be an awesome coach for Cleveland.

Let's not forget the new coach would have the benefit of (2) #1 picks along with the rest of another draft and the continuing purge of dead weight via Matthews, Cobb, maybe Perry, and the hopeful signing of another round of FA. Also the maturation of what looks like the first draft in forever that may be fruitful. Oh, and a fully healthy Rodgers, imagine that. Part of me still thinks I want to see MM with that chance on a one year deal. No way to make apples to apples comparisons after the fact

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Part of me still thinks I want to see MM with that chance on a one year deal. No way to make apples to apples comparisons after the fact

Nah, MM had a chance to go out and try to pluck people from the staffs of high powered offenses this past off-season .  What did he do?  He went and grabbed a turn back the clock guy in Joe Philbin and has seen the offense slide back even further.  MM is old news .. Played out in GB. He had a chance to move this thing forward and instead went the old familiar and conservative route.   Fail!!

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

C'mon now. No one believes this comes solely down to Rodgers. He plays a major role and yes perhaps the biggest one, but coaching has played a big role in the offenses struggles this season too.

shoot, MM even admitted that after the MN game 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nah, MM had a chance to go out and try to pluck people from the staffs of high powered offenses this past off-season .  What did he do?  He went and grabbed a turn back the clock guy in Joe Philbin and has seen the offense slide back even further.  MM is old news .. Played out in GB. He had a chance to move this thing forward and instead went the old familiar and conservative route.   Fail!!

I'm gonna probably type this a lot in the coming weeks.

I don't know if you're right or wrong, but I do know the roster sucks and that has to be taken into account

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

For not caring what I think you sure seem to be echoing a lot of my thoughts ha

Don't know and it's not a race, but this has been my thought since day 1 of the rumblings. I referenced the multiple draft picks, the hopeful maturation of a revamped receiving corps, the purge of high priced guys that are toast, the success (lack of) rate of new head coaches, and the health of Rodgers. I mentioned a bad choice likely burns up the rest of Rodgers' career. I reserved the right to change my mind, and I find myself more neutral every day. It's just sports. I just don't want to grab a pitchfork just yet. Screaming "I want better" is easy

Archived