Redskins Smith breaks leg

Manny/Patrick

2 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Let it go

Let it go because it's a conversation that goes political, and this group at large has proven it can't have this conversation in a constructive manner.

So, let it go.

- ET

13 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Yeah, all these people who did not watch or care about football before had FootballsFuture accounts ready to go in advance of the whole controversy.

"Let it go" so no one calls you on your nonsense? Yeah, forget it.

Who? Who are all of these people on footballsfuture calling for Kaep? He’s Tebow Toxic. He’s not very good and he’s not going to start which means no team is going to have a circus surrounding a back up QB. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tough break for Smith. He's a very nice guy and easy to root for. I don't know that it's completely debilitating for Washington given how he was playing, though I don't know that I would trust Colt to play better. 

8ba.gif

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who? Who are all of these people on footballsfuture calling for Kaep? He’s Tebow Toxic. He’s not very good and he’s not going to start which means no team is going to have a circus surrounding a back up QB. 

Ignorance need not imply absence.

By the way, there was nothing political in my post. What I responded to actually was (by arguing there are only non-football motives for CK7, which neither true, nor subtle in its point).

2 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Ignorance need not imply absence.

By the way, there was nothing political in my post. What I responded to actually was (by arguing there are only non-football motives for CK7, which neither true, nor subtle in its point).

I'm not sure how a guy that hasn't played a single snap in nearly two years and probably doesn't care about football anymore is going to help.

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Relax, I think it was more of saying it because Kaep took over for Smith while on the 49ers. It was also a joke because everyone says call Kaep whenever a QB goes down. It was the most fitting comment to make. 

It's smart. It's a smart line, and a smart crowd will appreciate it. And I'm not going to dumb it down for some bonehead mass audience!!!

Text is a poor medium to convey sarcasm and even jokes. Its why emojis are available.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The only people who keep screaming for Kaep are people who didn’t watch or care about football until the whole kneeling deal. He’s no longer an NFL QB. Let it go. 

There's a lot of QBs that play that you would classify as not NFL caliber. 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have a hard time to see him coming back from it. It was pretty gruesome. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/18/alex-smith-injury-carted-redskins-texans

Here's video. Right leg/ankle.

Unfortunately for Washington, he won't retire from it even if it were. His salary next year is fully guaranteed I believe, with no guarantee date (IE, not guaranteed on the third day of the league year or anything so far as I know like his 2020 salary - it's just guaranteed). If he can't play, that's going to be pretty brutal for them in that regard. While his cap hit isn't onerous or anything for a quarterback, it's pretty bad for a quarterback who won't play a down for them if that were to be the case. 

Archived