Kumerow Activated

JQ1

Just now, Leader said:

Good. Then we can cross that one thing off the list.
Now if only AR will throw him the ball, we'd be in business.

I really believe Rodgers has the yips because of his interior OL. Having receivers he didn't trust didn't help. Fixing one problem helps, but that IOL! I can't blame Rodgers either. I mean he has had two broken collarbones and a knee injury. An argument could be made that fixing the IOL is the top priority of the offseason. Gotta keep Rodgers healthy and keep his confidence up, so he can start playing aggressively again. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I really believe Rodgers has the yips because of his interior OL. Having receivers he didn't trust didn't help. Fixing one problem helps, but that IOL! I can't blame Rodgers either. I mean he has had two broken collarbones and a knee injury. An argument could be made that fixing the IOL is the top priority of the offseason. Gotta keep Rodgers healthy and keep his confidence up, so he can start playing aggressively again. 

This could be very true. I'm not an OL guy - so I cant see the game live and figure what the interior OL is up to - unless a guy gets tossed aside like a rag doll. BUT - I've not been impressed with the work of Mr. RG 74. I think he can be had.

That said - I'm a bit up to here with this "AR doesnt trust his WRs" crap.
I see veteran QBs integrating new / young talent into their offenses - and chucking the ball to them just fine. The QB throws it - they catch it - whatttttyaknow!

In my book - AR needs to produce - or damn well say its his leg, or shoulder, or collarbone thats causing him to chuck everything side armed and "missing" targets left, right or short. Its not gonna change a thing on the field for AR to come clean and acknowledge he's limited by injury. Ds arent gonna do anything different - than getting ready for the guy they see on game tape.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

This could be very true. I'm not an OL guy - so I cant see the game live and figure what the interior OL is up to - unless a guy gets tossed aside like a rag doll. BUT - I've not been impressed with the work of Mr. RG 74. I think he can be had.

I see veteran QBs integrating new / young talent into their offenses - and chucking the ball to them just fine. The QB throws it - they catch it - whatttttyaknow!

In my book - AR needs to produce - or damn well say its his leg, or shoulder, or collarbone thats causing him to chuck everything side armed and "missing" targets left, right or short.
Its not gonna change a thing on the field for AR to come clean and acknowledge he's limited by injury. Ds arent gonna do anything different - than getting ready for the guy they see on game tape.

No doubt Rodgers' body has taken some big injuries, but at this time, I think it's a least as much mental for Rodgers. He's got the yips. McCarthy needs to get him settled down. That may not be possible until the IOL is fixed. That's why I suggested earlier that Bulaga slide inside to RG and Spriggs take over at RT. Gotta get Bell out of there!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

No doubt Rodgers' body has taken some big injuries, but at this time, I think it's a least as much mental for Rodgers. He's got the yips. McCarthy needs to get him settled down. That may not be possible until the IOL is fixed. That's why I suggested earlier that Bulaga slide inside to RG and Spriggs take over at RT. Gotta get Bell out of there!

I agree and have mentioned as much previously saying he's got happy feet and is looking a lot like Eli.

So get rid of the ball quick. Put it in somebody elses hand so they can run with it and take the hits. Just do it!

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Agree.  What ever happened to the best Five on the OLine?  Might extend Bulaga's career if he slid inside.

Spriggs just needs reps, he's come a long way. 

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's oddly not a bad thing though if you think about it

I think it speaks more to whose on the IR right now.  Jake Ryan (torn ACL) and Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle) were clearly not going to be coming off IR this year, so they're out of the equation.  Given our current CB corps, it seems unlikely they'd bring back Davon House and Allison just went on IR, so he's not coming off either.  So it essentially came down to Kumerow and Kyle Murphy.  Given the rookie struggles of ESB, it's not really a surprise they chose Kumerow.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think it speaks more to whose on the IR right now.  Jake Ryan (torn ACL) and Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle) were clearly not going to be coming off IR this year, so they're out of the equation.  Given our current CB corps, it seems unlikely they'd bring back Davon House and Allison just went on IR, so he's not coming off either.  So it essentially came down to Kumerow and Kyle Murphy.  Given the rookie struggles of ESB, it's not really a surprise they chose Kumerow.

Yeah. That's what I was getting at i guess. We really didn't get nailed by big IR hits, long term or short, so far anyways

I  like this.  This is the only way we'd ever known if Kumerow is a NFL caliber WR or not.  He could very well be our version of Adam Theilen but we'd have never known because he never received a chance with all athletes we just drafted at his position.  Next season he'd have lost that roster spot battle every single time regardless if he's a better WR or not.  

Kumerow sure seems like a boring call up. 

On the other hand it was pick 2 of Davis, Kumerow, Murphy.

Without knowing how:

A. Cobb is feeling with his injury

B. The internal temperature on ESB/Moore

C. Murphy is feeling with his injury

it's hard to really feel like you've got a good grasp on the state of this team right now. This may have just been a use it or lose it call up.

Minimally you sure would like to see another DL called up, even if it is just a pressure package guy. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

In my book - AR needs to produce - or damn well say its his leg, or shoulder, or collarbone thats causing him to chuck everything side armed and "missing" targets left, right or short. Its not gonna change a thing on the field for AR to come clean and acknowledge he's limited by injury. Ds arent gonna do anything different - than getting ready for the guy they see on game tape.

Bell is clearly the weak link on this line right now. With that said, if Byron Bell is your weak link, you've got a pretty damn good group. Other QBs are making it work with worse OL talent. 

I don’t even think Murphy was eligible to return. He was placed on IR during cutdowns right? Kumerow made the 53 then was IRed like a day later so you have to think that if they were going to IR him anyway, they always liked the idea of keeping him eligible. Enough to risk a roster spot for another bubble guy at least. 

Archived