1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah, love the hype.

RG3

Kaepernik 

Prescott

Osweiler

Winston

Step up Baker.

It takes seasonto be considered 'that' guy. Just be patient and ninja-like. Silent but deadly. If he's the one, he'll show us all in time.

Difference is Baker is doing it with good decision making and accuracy. None of the other guys did that. He doesn't need RPO or any scheme that makes receivers wide open he will hit tight windows with his strong accurate arm. Something drastic has to happen to derail Mayfield from being a very good QB.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Difference is Baker is doing it with good decision making and accuracy. None of the other guys did that. He doesn't need RPO or any scheme that makes receivers wide open he will hit tight windows with his strong accurate arm. Something drastic has to happen to derail Mayfield from being a very good QB.

Something like a Sophomore Slump?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Something like a Sophomore Slump?

Accuracy shouldn't slump. Good decision making shouldn't slump. Mayfield's success hasn't been because teams are stacking a box or because he is a threat to run or even that we are scheming receivers open. He is just a strong armed accurate QB who makes good decisions, not even for a rookie just for a QB in general.

We'll see how he handles poor weather conditions, that's still to be seen. He has smallish hands so it should be interesting, some guys it doesn't bother and others it completely takes away their arm strength and accuracy.

The best way to keep Mayfield out of rhythm is to slow down his offense. Give them a 3 score lead. It's out there, share that with the league.

I seriously have no fears of a sophomore slump. His protection, supporting cast, defense and coaching will all have influences on his play to a degree but he will be who he is. He isn't going to become a spaz or lose arm strength and accuracy in his second year if he is healthy. That said, he doesn't really have a lot of room to grow compared to most rookies so you are probably seeing what you are getting from him for his career. I'm guessing the biggest change will be that he will be running his own offense eventually, a really fast paced uptempo offense. He performs best like that.

21 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

In my own personal dream world they would keep both Williams and Kitchens. Slide Williams back to the DC role and bring in Arians for HC. Arians, Gregggg and Kitchens is my hopeful trio.

Kitchens was already Arians guy in Arizona so I would image he would keep him, hopefully Gregggg would be open to sliding back to his normal role he seems to really like it here in Cleveland plus the players respond to his coaching and Arians is the only coach with a winning offensive track record that openly has stated he wants to coach the Browns. Seems like a win-win-win plus it negates coaching turnover and keeps familiarity between players/staff. Important for a young team. Esentially it will be the same current staff + Bruce Arians. Sign me up.

Not a fan of Arian's offensive scheme. If he just coaches, then it would be fine. Though I don't know how long he would last given his health concerns and age.

30 minutes ago, Xenos said:

And that's why Arians should also be nowhere near your team.

If we go the Arians route my hope is that it's with the scheme Kitchens is running with a offseason in which Baker and Kitchens work together to taylor it even more to Baker's strenghts and the teams strengths/ weakness 

20 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah, love the hype.

RG3

Kaepernik 

Prescott

Osweiler

Winston

Step up Baker.

It takes seasonto be considered 'that' guy. Just be patient and ninja-like. Silent but deadly. If he's the one, he'll show us all in time.

So, we can assume the same thing about Mahomes, I take it? 

I don't really like Baker Mayfield calling Hue Jackson fake and all that.  Seems really below the belt because Jackson hasn't said anything but nice things about Baker since he got fired.  I don't mind Mayfield holding a grudge against Jackson or not wanting to hug him after the game, I think he went a little too far with the things he said afterwards.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I don't really like Baker Mayfield calling Hue Jackson fake and all that.  Seems really below the belt because Jackson hasn't said anything but nice things about Baker since he got fired.  I don't mind Mayfield holding a grudge against Jackson or not wanting to hug him after the game, I think he went a little too far with the things he said afterwards.

I also feel the Chubb ball thing was too much. Feel the Browns are gonna need a coach that really can teach this team discipline. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I also feel the Chubb ball thing was too much. Feel the Browns are gonna need a coach that really can teach this team discipline. 

It's not that big of a deal to me, I was just pointing out that I don't like it.  They're extremely young and obviously not fully mature.  If this was Mayfield 7 years from now, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't handle the situation like this.  I really like how competitive he is and I honestly don't blame him for being upset.

I think a lot of this stems from the fact that he probably felt that Hue Jackson never gave him a fair shot to start the season... there was that part on Hard Knocks where he basically congratulated Mayfield for being the back-up QB, which was awful to do.

I said before the draft that I thought Mayfield would be the best QB in the draft and I made several post about how he should be the starting QB over Tyrod Taylor.  It's obvious to me that Mayfield is a MUCH superior player, so obviously Jackson really didn't give Mayfield a chance to be the starting QB and just went with Taylor by default, which is terrible coaching.

But going back to Mayfield's comments, he initially said that it's not about hate or anything like that.  But his comments saying something like, "I'm not the one who lost 30+ games and being fake..." that kind of shows it's not just about the fact that Jackson went to coach for a division rival, he actually doesn't like or respect Hue Jackson.

Archived