Baker Mayfield, The King in the North

hornbybrown

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know. I think that they will at least talk to him about it, even if it's just courtesy. And if they did keep him on, he needs to keep Kitchens. I think Kitchens is the real winner out of all of this tbh. He's going to have an OC job somewhere next year, even if the Cleveland FO elects to bring in their own guys and staff like Riley or something. 

In my own personal dream world they would keep both Williams and Kitchens. Slide Williams back to the DC role and bring in Arians for HC. Arians, Gregggg and Kitchens is my hopeful trio.

Kitchens was already Arians guy in Arizona so I would image he would keep him, hopefully Gregggg would be open to sliding back to his normal role he seems to really like it here in Cleveland plus the players respond to his coaching and Arians is the only coach with a winning offensive track record that openly has stated he wants to coach the Browns. Seems like a win-win-win plus it negates coaching turnover and keeps familiarity between players/staff. Important for a young team. Esentially it will be the same current staff + Bruce Arians. Sign me up.

In the six games Mayfield played with Jackson as his head coach and Haley calling the plays, Mayfield completed 58.3 percent of his passes, averaged 6.6 yards per pass, totaled eight touchdowns and six interceptions, and had a 78.9 passer rating.

In the three games Mayfield has played since Jackson and Haley were fired, Mayfield completed 73.9 percent of his passes, averaged 8.8 yards per pass, totaled nine touchdowns and one interception, and has a 129.5 passer rating.

Mayfield has also become the first rookie in NFL history to have back-to-back games with a passer rating higher than 140.

Happy for Browns fans as they look on the up as a franchise but the most important decision with regards to Baker will be made in January/February.

Who they select as the HC/OC for the next couple of years to help shape him is probably the most important decision they'll make bar actually picking him #1. Pick the wrong person and you have Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.....just unfuffiled potential.

Archived