has Williams earned a shot as the Browns HC next year?

Vladimir L

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

Dominating a team who is on a complete downward spiral is a good sign?

killing a divisional opponent who should know your team because they have your old HC. Yeah, the bungles are really falling apart, I can't believe it's that bad after watching that game. 

......Did.....Did people forget about Bountygate and what this guy was outed for?

Dude shouldn't be coaching let alone be the HC for a QB who has shown the most promise in Cleveland in a decade.

So no throw him into the River and start anew.

Like I said in another thread, don't see the point in hiring a coach from a defensive oriented background these days. Baker would be at the mercy of offensive coordinator after offensive coordinator. As soon as he plays well, his OC could bolt for a head coaching job. Getting the right coach is a crapshoot as it is. Why add this potential problem to your plate if you don't have to? Your most important player just started his career. Make it as easy for him as possible. Consistency in one system will go a long way.

31 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

......Did.....Did people forget about Bountygate and what this guy was outed for?

Dude shouldn't be coaching let alone be the HC for a QB who has shown the most promise in Cleveland in a decade.

So no throw him into the River and start anew.

Bounty Gate is one of the most over blown things I’ve ever seen. Paying people to hit hard? Give me a break. Do you know how many times this has probably been done in NFL History? I’m sure several teams in the 70’s would get a bonus for knockin a guy out cold. Big frickin deal. 

I’m much more concerned about actual cheating. Such as Spygate and SalaryGate from the Broncos in the 90s.

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Like I said in another thread, don't see the point in hiring a coach from a defensive oriented background these days. Baker would be at the mercy of offensive coordinator after offensive coordinator. As soon as he plays well, his OC could bolt for a head coaching job. Getting the right coach is a crapshoot as it is. Why add this potential problem to your plate if you don't have to? Your most important player just started his career. Make it as easy for him as possible. Consistency in one system will go a long way.

While I tend to agree with this sentiment finding a good offensive head coach isn't easy. Simply hire the best coach and fit that is available. That might be Greg Williams. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bounty Gate is one of the most over blown things I’ve ever seen. Paying people to hit hard? Give me a break. Do you know how many times this has probably been done in NFL History? I’m sure several teams in the 70’s would get a bonus for knockin a guy out cold. Big frickin deal. 

I’m much more concerned about actual cheating. Such as Spygate and SalaryGate from the Broncos in the 90s.

Maybe it has happened with other teams. But it's not about what you suspect or even know, it's about what you can prove. Guys weren't getting extra scratch to hit hard. They were getting extra scratch to try and hurt people. This goes beyond just hitting someone. It can incentivize players to roll their body weight on a dude after he's tackled, step on a forearm, etc. It's a perversion of the game.

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

While I tend to agree with this sentiment finding a good offensive head coach isn't easy. Simply hire the best coach and fit that is available. That might be Greg Williams. 

Well, I don't see why finding a good defensive coach would be any easier. Greg Williams might make it work. His results in Buffalo were lackluster, but maybe he could fix it. Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

Archived