Under The Radar Breakout Years

tyler735

Certainly not pro-bowl level. But this dude has been through so much sh!t and has had a slew of mental problems get to him. His road back has just been incredible and I don't feel the least bit bad rooting for a guy trying to sort through his demons rather then some prima donna who thinks it's owed to them.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

That guy for the falcons would be Safety - Damontae Kazee  He had to step in when Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal went down with injuries.  He has outplayed every single person in our secondary by a wide margin.  He honestly needs to be starting somewhere next year be it Safety or CB.  

That i know of he leads the league or is tied for the lead with 1 or 2 other guys in total turnovers  being INT's with 6 and has a FF to add on top of that to make 7 turnovers on the year for him.   When the rest of our defense outside of maybe 3 people has been garbage he has been a stud for us and a bright spot for sure.   Him and Swearinger should probably be the Pro bowl players for safety this year for the NFC.

18 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Chris Jones is one of the most overrated player in the NFL. I know that's not popular among Chiefs' fans, but he's weak against the run and has always been, and he he's super inconsistent, in game and between games. He will look like a dominant pass rusher here and there and will be an absolute non-factor every other time.

Under the radar breakout year for the Chiefs? Nelson and Fuller have had good years considering they have had no pass rush aside from Dee Ford and Chris Jones/Allen Bailey occasionally showing up. Fuller is a better known commodity at this point but Nelson has settled in nicely. The OL as a whole has been very good as well. Eric Fisher is having the best year of his career, and Cam Erving has turned some heads (still not match against Aaron Donald let's be real here). Andrew Whylie and Austin Reiter are also playing very well and I didn't know who they where 10 weeks ago

PFF Chris Jones gaining momentum

Sorry, but you are very wrong on Chris Jones. He's loved by Chiefs fans. He's good against the run and very good to great with pass rush. He's very consistent and you could argue just as consistent as Aaron Donald.  A sack a game in 8 straight games is the definition of consistency. If he doesn't get to the QB he consistently pushes the pocket. 

Allen Bailey on the other hand is the inconsistent one that disappears a lot. Fuller, Scandrick and Nelson have been playing well. The oline has been average. 

2 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

Sorry, but you are very wrong on Chris Jones. He's loved by Chiefs fans. He's good against the run and very good to great with pass rush. He's very consistent and you could argue just as consistent as Aaron Donald. 

Calm your boobs. This is just silly and I like Chris Jones.

Zach Ertz finally has had his monster year that people have been predicting for like 5 years. So not exactly under the radar.

Kamu Grugier Hill has played better than expected at LB but not really a breakout.

Non-Eagle mention: Bears' Safety Eddie Jackson. That dude is a baller. 

Archived