Under The Radar Breakout Years

tyler735

No real breakout players on the Vikings. I guess you could say Hunter but he was amazing in his sophomore year , took a step back in his 3rd year and definitely rebounded so far. 

Anthony Harris  has been playing really well so far but with such a small sample size I can't really call him a breakout player so far.

Two Chargers that I feel really earned themselves some cash in free agency this year. Tyrell Williams and Melvin Gordon. I’m skeptical we will be able to afford to bring either of them back and they had solid seasons. Williams has the skills to be a high quality number 2 with a 1000 yard season under his belt, but with Mike Williams in Los Angeles is expendable. Melvin Gordon when healthy has turned the corner into a top back. I was his biggest critic and I’m sold now that he helps a franchise win games. The only question is his durability. 

Steven Jackson's entire career because of a sh!t Rams team.

As for more recent and a little more homerism. Byron Jones has been unbelievably impressive since making the switch in Richard's type secondary. Very under the radar with his performances. Their not sexy. But teams have not been able to drop it on us like years past. And one big reason is Jones shutting down one side of the field. May not be Darelle Revis but he is damn good.

Archived