Who would you be more confident in to beat the Saints, Rams or Chiefs?

mdonnelly21

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you be more confident in to beat the Saints?

51 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Yup, I really don't like the idea of playing the Rams again, especially in LA.

If I had to face a team I would rather face the Rams in LA rather then the Saints in NO.

The Saints have a very underrated home field advantage with their fans cheering.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

These teams scare me the most come playoffs if I'm the Saints

1. Rams

2. Cowboys

3. Chiefs

4. Patriots

5. Panthers (seeing a team 3x never easy, unless Saints just totally trounce the Panthers in their 2 matchups, which would also probably mean Panthers don't even make playoffs)

What about the Bears? They're the closest thing to producing the formula that beat them last night. 

The Rams in LA. Last season the Saints went to LA and barely scored 20pts. They lost 26-20 to the Rams who was without Woods in that game. The scary thing was, the Rams didnt even play well at home last season. The Rams are playing GREAT at home this season. They get Talib back and he is that big physical cornerback that can cover Thomas. Last season the Rams had Tru who was a big corner and he held Thomas to 5 catches for 52yds and no tds. Kamara had that one long 70+yd run out of the gates but after that the Saints running game was non-existent. 

Another reason why I love the Rams to beat the Saints in LA is because the Saints under Payton/Brees are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs. Historically they NEED homefield advantage. I dont trust them on the road. I would never pick them on the road until they finally beat Chip Kelly and Nick Foles led Eagles team in Philly. That doesnt strike any confidence in me still to pick the Saints on the road. They lost to Keenum, Smith, Grossman, and a (7-9) Seahawks team on the road. So again if the Saints have to go to LA which now that the Saints lost, I feel good about the Rams getting that 1 seed, I dont like their chances to make it out of the NFC.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What about the Bears? They're the closest thing to producing the formula that beat them last night. 

The thing with the Bears and the Cowboys for that matter is being on the road. The Cowboys scored 13pts. They didnt even score a point in the 2nd half. If they do that on the road they lose and probably big. The Bears, can you trust Trubisky on the road in the playoffs? If he has to go to New Orleans or LA, can he shoot it out with those teams? As great as the Bears defense is, they arent holding down the Saints or Rams offense on the road. Both those teams are scoring at least 28pts at home. Can Trubisky match that on the road? Thats the question. My answer is no. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

They have the defense sure, but they don't have the same kind of offense. Cowboys have the more accurate (short passes) and conservative QB in Dak, and the better run game with Zeke (a true bellcow) and that OL. This makes for an optimal offense for long, sustained drives, which I think are essential for beating these high powered attacks. Now tonight NO's offense was pretty much irrelevant as Dallas's D put on a show and just shut down Brees and co, but I don't think that is something you can expect to happen often, not with the Cowboys D or the Bears D. Unless you are prepared to beat them in a shootout (like Rams or Chiefs obviously are), then I think want your D on the field on the field as little as possible and be happy with a ~50% success rate while scoring 20ish on offense. Bears TD drives are the 4th shortest by plays, 7th shortest by time off the clock. Cowboys TD drives are 21st shortest by plays, 17th shortest by time off the clock.

Archived